WnSoft Forums

Movie Codes that work & don't work

I've found on the internet a free download called VideoPad Video Editor.

HD movie editing in this program seems to me very intuitive, far more so than in my £25 Sony Vegas program.

The edited movie can be saved (at highest quality settings) as:

[a] HD 1920x1080 HD 1080p, File Format .avi, Frame Rate 25.00 TV PAL, Video Compressor H264 (Native), Sound Format MP3 up to 44100HZ

1920x1088 (not a typing mistake), File Format .mov, Frame Rate 25.00 TV PAL, Video Compressor 1.0 'High Quality', Audio Bitrate 320 kbits per second

Both .avi and .mov (edited and saved) files play excellently in free downloads DivX Plus Player and Nero Show Time.

I've inserted both the .avi and .mov files into PTE. The .mov plays smoothly, the .avi doesn't play.

What puzzles me is why .avi plays really well on free download movie players but not in the excellent PTE.

Hello Robert,

Do you see any picture for this video clip converted to AVI format and added to PicturesToExe?

I've downloaded this software and converted short video clip to AVI with same settings as yours. And I can see picture, but there are issues with performance during playback.

It's related with H.264 video codec and highest resolution. PicturesToExe can't play in real time this format, because we need to mix video with other layers and apply 3D effects. Playback in usual video players is more simple technically.

Please convert to AVI format using DIVX, XVID or MPEG4-ASP video codec.

One of following beta versions will include built-in video convertor. And PicturesToExe will suggest user converting for incompatible video clips (optionally).

Also there is no need set 1920x1080 resolution for output in convertor, because as I discovered Canon DSLR cameras 5D, 7D, 550D, 600D (and probably others digital cameras) don't record true FullHD 1920x1080 resolution. For more details, please see my investigation here:

I can extract frames from video clips for comparison.

Hello Igor

The video file at H264 only shows a green screen in PTE.

Now I converted from VideoPad Video Editor at MPEG4-Native rather than H264, as you suggest. The video file plays perfectly in PTE and in combination with still images (auto fade from video to stills and stills to video). The specification is now HD 1920x1080 HD 1080p, File Format .avi, Frame Rate 25.00 TV PAL, Video Compressor MPEG4 (Native), Sound Format MP3 up to 44100HZ . (No playback problem at 1920x1080px.)

Superb. Многие Поздравляем!

Clients can now integrate (inside PTE) HD video with 1920x1080 single images . This is a major development in our world of audio visual production.