WnSoft Forums

No PTE video on this laptop

LumenLux

I am on the road with a laptop I have not previously tried with Version 7 Beta's. I can see no video in my own project preview, nor in .exe files created by other users. In my own project preview, any inserted video plays it's sound but no picture. If I run Lin's Statler Brothers exe, the center animation is visible, but not the videos that should be visible in the corners. The laptop is graphically weak with the integrated SiS M760GX chipset . Should it be possible to enjoy PTE video with this hardware?

(Video clips that can not be seen in PTE project/preview, can be viewed using other players, such as VLC, on this laptop.)

Hi

Does the laptop have at least 128 MB graphics memory?

From previous thread

Tom

Thank you Tom, for the link as well as the likely accurate condemnation of the graphics memory. The laptop currently is maxed at 2gig Ram. Originally the laptop had 256 MB ram(!)which would show as 192Mb. I guess that means 256 -192 = 64mb for the graphics?! Does it also mean, that even with 2gb ram, the graphics would have access to only 64mb still?

Lumenlux,

You wrote that the Laptop was originally configured with 256.Mb of RAM and was allowing 192.Mb for general usage

after deduction 64.Mb for Graphics ~ thats not quite correct,ie:-

Because the Laptop was fitted with 256.Mb RAM it would be using about 64.Mb to run the Operating-System and the

balance of 192.Mb would be shared between the Page-File System using about 25% of your 192.Mb leaving you with a

balance of some 128.Mb of actual User-RAM for graphics rendition purposes.Discounting that used by its VGA-Adaptor

you only have some 128.Mb (max) to play around with. This would be just sufficient to run a "Basic PTE-Slideshow" with

some Transitions but Object/Animatons and PZR would be a No,No ~ and the Shows should be less than 80.Mb in size.

Then it was upped to 2.Gb of RAM ~ something is very wrong here !! Had this been an (original) XP-Computer it would

have come pre-fitted with at least 560.Mb of RAM because XP needs +300.Mb for its Op/System never mind all its other

Programs. Most XP-Laptops are fitted with (minimum) 1.Gb of RAM for the reasons above allowing some 600.Mb for usage.

You would need to investigate that Laptop in detail ~ Is it an XP-Laptop or was it a 2000-Laptop upgraded to XP ??

I cant answer that !! ~ But if it was the latter 2000 that cant be done because the Hardware-Bios System was never

designed to accomodate that amount of memory ~ it simply wont work.

Hope this can provide some help for you...but more Laptop detail is needed.

Brian (Conflow)