WnSoft Forums

Pic2exe6.5.8 as a virus malware-gene [SOLVED]

RedButton2

These will probably be what are known as "false positives". If you know that you haven't changed or downloaded them recently, and if your anti-virus software hasn't reported any other attempted infections any where else on your system, I wouldn't worry too much. Report these false positives to the support team for AVAST. It is their problem to resolve these.

regards,

Peter

It's very bad. Since today AVAST reports all .scr and .exe files created with Picturestoexe 6.5.8 as a virus malware-gene.

Thank you very much for the report! It's very important for us. I just sent a complaint to Avast.

To all users. If you're using Avast antivirus, please send a report on this case to Avast - www.avast.com It will help speed up solving of this problem. Thanks in advance!

Since today AVAST reports all .scr and .exe files created with Picturestoexe 6.5.8 as a virus malware-gene.
If you're using Avast antivirus, please send a report on this case to Avast - www.avast.com It will help speed up solving of this problem.

Yes, AVAST 6.0.1203 reports v6.5.8 executables as malware. It also means that PTE is then rendered inoperable, requiring CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the programme. PTE v7 Beta 13 is unaffacted (at the present moment).

Duly reported to AVAST as requested.

AVAST ~FALSE POSITIVES~ EXPLAINATION

Firstly its rather a nice gesture from Avast to place Pte on their Global Acceptance List ~ other Anti-Virus Vendors should take note.

Secondly, the 'so-called' False-positives experienced by some Pte-Users are definitely not false-positives but are in fact proper

Avast-Program behaviour....let me hasten to explain,viz:-

Recent versions of Avast are now incorporating very advanced features akin to 'Corporate Anti-Virus Software' costing hundreds of Euro's.

Avast now features 3 new Utilities: Auto-Sandbox, Web-Rep, Site-Blocking and these are only found in Corporate-AV Software and to the

best of my knowledge they are certainly not offered in any other Freeware Anti-Virus utility.

The "Auto-Sandbox" is designed to 'trap' any self-executing File or Script within an Isolated-Container called a 'Sandbox' whereafter the

PC-User can run the 'Flagged-Program' within the Sandbox in a quarantined environment to the full extent of that Programs abilities.

Avast gives both a Visual-Warning and a Voice-Warning to that effect ~ these are not 'False-positives' but correct Program behaviour

requesting a user response before any further action is taken ~ suggest Users read the Help-Notes ~ Here are your options....

1) 'Turn-Off' the Auto-Sandbox and let the Avast-Program run like any other 'freebie' Anti-Virus Software.

2) 'Turn-On' the Auto-Sandbox and let it proceed to check the Quarantined-Program and run it if you wish within the Sandbox.

3) 'Alter' the settings of the Auto-Sandbox so that it asks your permission to put the Program into its Exclusion-List

So you can make those choices I have attached 2 Snapshots which explains all......Hope this is helpful.

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-0-34072000-1311113408_thumb.jp

post-1416-0-35497800-1311113424_thumb.jp