WnSoft Forums

Canada and Alaska 2011

Almark

Hi folks, I have re worked my last AV 'Canada and Alaska 2011".

This version is 16:10, my intended composition works better in this ratio. (16:9 tended to cut some of my intended lines from corners, etc.)

Images have been reduced in file size, so it is now a mere 14MB

I was disappointed in the the last slide of the previous version, it was a panorama that was reduced to a mere letterbox. So I have moved it to the beginning and made a scrolling pano instead, with the title at the end (to cover the bright areas).

As always, all feedback is most welcome.

[links updated as a result of feedback, outlined below]

Mac Version

Win version

Hi Mark,

Managed to open it with my Hampster free zip program so no problem there. The photography was, as we have come to expect first class but it did take me three viewings before I could concentrate on the slides rather than the Mini (micro) zooms. I really do not see the point of them and find them distracting, see post on BB's recent effort. Barry calls it animation and I am aware that you get some shimmering effect by using it but to my mind your photography does not need this sort of gimmickery. Judging by other posts on his A/V I may be alone in my view, but I think the purpose of a pan or a zoom is to give a different emphasis on the photo with a different viewpoint. More down to earth, I did find the opening pan started very harshly and I did not think the Eagle(?) shot at the end worked but apart from these obsevations, the photography was great.

Thank you all for the feedback.

Ken, I must agree with you, I had "spiegel im spiegel" originally, but changed it as I accidentally left this mp3 file on the camera club computer and, as a result everyone used it for AV demos and I was sick hearing it again and again ;-)

Barry, thought most unzip programs opened rar files, my mistake. I'll use zip in future, just for you ;-)

Mick, thanks you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback, much appreciated. I see what you mean about the eagle, perhaps it could be used an intro slide.

Back to the drawing board for me!

Thank you all for your feedback, here on the forum and also by email. As a result I have made a number of changes and updated the links above. For me this is what this forum is all about. Getting feedback from folk from all over the world, simply brilliant! Thank you!

Ken, I have gone back to my original music. You were quite right, the music on the last version did not work as well as I expected. Thank you for your feedback.

Barry, downloads are now all zips. I have moved to MAC, but have win7 installed just for PTE!

Mike, I reduced the zooms from 103% to 102%. But, I did not remove it completely as I like this effect. I did move the eagle from the end, to the start, and made it a intro title. Thanks for the prompt to make me look where this image should be best placed.

I also removed the Pooh Bear photo (of a the bear having a poo, I thought it was a laugh!) and a couple of other images to make the pano last longer. I also brought back the whole pano at the very end.

I am happy with this version, but as always, I am more than open to suggestions...