WnSoft Forums

Videobuilder upgrade....?

goddi

Greetings,

A few days ago, I wanted to make an MP4 file of one of my slideshows. I got the notice that my 2-yr license to Videobuilder had just expired. Ok. I followed the link and purchased the renewal for $34. I quickly got the response with a link to download a file. Since I already had the 6.5 version installed and the 7.14 beta installed, I just followed the instructions. The downloaded file seemed to be the 6.5 version, but I followed the instructions and re-installed the 6.5 version, thinking, perhaps the new system embedded the new Key in download. But, no, I stil got the notice that my Videobuilder license had expired.

I sent a notice to the Support team and quickly got a Key sent to me that looked something like this:

------ KEY BEGIN -------------------------------------------------

[VB]

0uDrqh...............................................=

------ KEY END ---------------------------------------------------

I ran PTE and pasted in this Key and the error message stopped so it looks like all is well.

However, today, I got another email with this file attached, that looked something like this:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WnSoft\VideoBuilder]

"Key"="0fvDK6..........................................="

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE]

"Key"="0aRyBa.........................................="

So I am wondering why I got two Keys. One of the confusing things in this process of renewing Videobuilder is that they sent me the 6.5 version that I already have and there isn't a notice that a Key will follow. So I downloaded the 6.5 program, but apparently really didn't need to. I only needed a new Key. I don't know if I received the first Key because I sent a note to the PTE Support or it arrived automatically. But then what is the second email with another Key for?????

Gary

Gary,

Did you have to post twice in order to make your point?

regards,

Peter

==================

Greetings,

Certainly not. I thought I had pressed the Add Reply only once. If it appeared twice and you deleted one of them, thanks. Sometimes the posting does not seem to be going through and fiddling with it might have sent it a second time. I don't think anyone purposely posts things twice. Any ideas about the 2 sets of Keys?

Thanks... Gary :)

P.S. It is funny that I got 2 emails, exactly the same, pointing to your one reply to my post....

Not so funny as you think. I "stuttered" on the Post button and inadvertently sent my reply twice. I deleted the second copy.

Sorry, no ideas why you got two different e-mails - unless it was one from the automated system after purchase and a second after your communication with PTE Support.

regards,

Peter

Not so funny as you think. I "stuttered" on the Post button and inadvertently sent my reply twice. I deleted the second copy.

Sorry, no ideas why you got two different e-mails - unless it was one from the automated system after purchase and a second after your communication with PTE Support.

regards,

Peter

================

Peter,

You caught your boo-boo before I could catch mine.

What is strange about the 2 Keys is that they are so different in structure. The first Key is a single line; the second Key has 2 lines.

Gary

Gary,

I would say that the first one is clearly for VideoBuilder by virtue of "[VB]" whereas the second one is as if you had bought the product in full. Are you sure you paid only for an upgrade and not for a full product licence? Remember, your PTE base product is licenced "for life"; you need that key only the once, to activate the code after purchase. VideoBuilder keys, as you know, expire after two years. You have to renew the licence every two years if you want to keep the product up with current release levels.

regards,

Peter

Gary,

I would say that the first one is clearly for VideoBuilder by virtue of "[VB]" whereas the second one is as if you had bought the product in full. Are you sure you paid only for an upgrade and not for a full product licence? Remember, your PTE base product is licenced "for life"; you need that key only the once, to activate the code after purchase. VideoBuilder keys, as you know, expire after two years. You have to renew the licence every two years if you want to keep the product up with current release levels.

regards,

Peter

===========================

Peter,

I paid $34 which seems to be the upgrade for the Videobuilder.

"Upgrade Standard edition – $34

All upgrades and new versions of PicturesToExe at no cost.

Free upgrades for VideoBuilder (included to Deluxe edition) during two years' period since the date of your purchasing. After the end of this period you can continue to use any previously released version of VideoBuilder for unlimited time or pay $34 for the upgrade of the newer version."

There is no other choice for upgrading or renewing the VideoBuilder that I can see.

Gary

Hi All,

Sorry to be a problem but can someone help me please.

I need to upgrade my VB within the next few days, have done

this lots of times but old age and memory not as good,I need

to know the easiest way of doing it.

Thanks RayC

Hi All,

Sorry to be a problem but can someone help me please.

I need to upgrade my VB within the next few days, have done

this lots of times but old age and memory not as good,I need

to know the easiest way of doing it.

Thanks RayC

======================

Greetings RayC,

The way I did it was to go to this site:

http://www.wnsoft.co...turestoexe/buy/

Click on the Upgrade link toward the bottom to get the Videobuilder upgrade for $34. When I did it, they first sent a link for the 6.5 version to download and later I got an email with the Key for the 2 year upgrade period. I think you only really need the Key. When the old version expires, it will ask for the location of the Key you downloaded and just point to it. I think I copied and pasted it in and that works too.

I hope this works for you.

Gary