WnSoft Forums

Canon video files out-of-sync

Ian

I'm getting strange results using the PTE Video Converter on the .mov files generated by my Canon 60D. I've tried converting a simple video (30 seconds long) at various quality settings and have found:

1) The audio is out-of-sync by about 0.5 seconds whatever quality setting I choose.

2) If I use a high quality setting (eg 60 or above), the resulting file freezes at some point when played back within PTE. Changing the quality setting changes where it freezes

3) Using a low quality (eg 30 or below) results in a file that plays all the way through.

I don't think its a resource issue as I have a 64bit machine with 8Gb RAM and a hex-core processor.

However, if I use the free Prism Video Converter and export as an .avi file, it gives a perfect result (and much smaller file size).

Anyone else had this issue?

Ian

Hi Igor

Yes, I used the new converter in PTE. I will send you the original .mov file.

Ian

Hello Ian,

Did you use new built-in video converter integrated to PicturesToExe?

Could you please send me sample video clips which cause out-of-sync problem and freezings?

Similar results can be observed with the attached videos. The first one is an AVI that was created with PTE v6.5, using the Xvid Mpeg-4 codec (v.1.3.2). The second one is a WMV-2 video, a recoded version of the first one using XMedia Recode. Both videos show a nice behavior in Windows MP, VLC, and MPC-HC. Both videos also show a bad behavior in PTE 7 Beta15.

Regards,

Xaver

Clap123.zip

Clap123_WMV2.zip

Similar results can be observed with the attached videos. The first one is an AVI that was created with PTE v6.5, using the Xvid Mpeg-4 codec (v.1.3.2). The second one is a WMV-2 video, a recoded version of the first one using XMedia Recode. Both videos show a nice behavior in Windows MP, VLC, and MPC-HC. Both videos also show a bad behavior in PTE 7 Beta15.

Regards,

Xaver

Clap123.zip

Clap123_WMV2.zip

Thank you, I confirm this problem with both video clips. We'll try solve this quickly!

P.S. The problem described by Ian can be a different problem.

Ian,

Thanks, I'll wait sample file.

Xaver,

We've fixed problem with audio synchronization in the AVI file.

For WMV we can not do anything. This file has problems with playback. My VLC and MPC players crash in 30% of cases on loading of this file.