WnSoft Forums

adding video to PTE

Jenni

BeTa,

Glad to be of help and I see that you have cracked the 'Camera-Frame' problem and even with simple Camera-Avi

outputs most Converters will drop the 'even' or 'odd' frame depending on their Software design.

May I suggest the 'NCH Prism-Converter' which gives you a 15 day 'Free-Trial' ~ this works perfectly when converting

the Pte-Avi into a fully (digital) interleafed Avi which converts perfectly into a fully operational 'WMV-Video' where in my

case its 1280x720 pixel with full Pan & Zoom at Video-Bitrate of 6200.Kbps. At this stage you have a Video which can

be Authorised into an Mp4-Video or Mpeg-2 Video (fully-Interlaced) to PAL or NTSC with AAC or AC3 Sound-Format.

You wrote:..."For those who are also struggling with frame rate problems like me, here are some tips"...Bye and large

you are correct, because Frame-rate timing and Frame numeric-identities are critical and amongst other things its the

reason why we use the Prism-Converter to get the job done 1st.time every time. In our work we make 'Technical-Videos'

for our clients who view these on Conference TV-Screens and PTE is used to create the superb Exe's which we need.

All the best with your Camera-Clips and attached some detail on the NHC Prism-Converter.

Brian.(Conflow)

Brian,

thank you for the best wishes, finally I can start with my projects.

I have downloaded a trial version of the Prism Video Converter.

He converts nearly everything to everything. I tested of course

his frame rate conversion possibilities.

But I saw that he too was removing frames to get the lower frame rate.

What I was looking for, was another kind of technique.

Something like this:

http://www.goodervideo.com/work/MpWork/MpWork6.html

I have that tool, but the program is old, I wish he had the GUI of Prism.

But all the frame rate conversion hassle will be over the moment I've found

a compact camera with a.o. a real PAL video recording option.

berend (BeTa)

BeTa,

I had a look at the 'Motion-Picture Program' which was last seeen on the Web in 2004. I now understand

what you are trying to achieve which in electronic terms is called 'successive-approximation' to develop

interleafed images between 2 Primary-Images which creates seamless motion. This technology is also

used in 'Slow-Motion Playback' for Television rendition.

Essentially you have 3 problems:--

1)

You need to know the "Video-Format" which is being out-putted by your Camera, there are many formats.

2)

TV-Interlaced and 2/3 Interleafed Outputs must be "de-interlaced" for viewing on LED/LCD PC.Screens.

3)

Windows Media-Player cant do this (except Win-7 Player) ~ VLC-Player does a far better job than most.

Having 'deinterlaced' the Camera-Video you will need an 'AVS-Video Editor/Converter' to get it into a new

acceptable Format such as MPeg-2 or MP4-Asf ~ that choice all depends on the Camera Output-Format.

Please Note: If your Video is for Television the replay quality on your PC will be far below that of your TV-Set.

The only suite of comprehensive Programs to do this job is "AVS4-ForU" see attachment.(Wiki) and also see

(attachment) about AVCHD and AVCSD Camera-Output Formats ~ there are others.(Wiki)

Hope its of some help.

Brian.(Conflow)

Brian,

thank you for your post, but I don't have an advanced video-recording device,

as you might have. My camera is a still pictures compact camera with the

possibility of making Motion-JPEG video clips with mono audio in an AVI container,

640x480 pixel at 30fps, (at that time, a 'big' format for me).

In my slide shows, I usually use pictures with now and then a video.

About the MJPEG video format, I understood that MJPEG is, simply said,

a series of JPEG pictures, that are in my case interleaved with audio,

AVI thus. There was no need to deinterlace the videos and until now

I could KISS (Keep It Simple & Stupid).

The output of my different slide shows were DivX encoded AVI's, MPEG-2's

and now with PTE: MP4's. The outputs of the slide shows have been used in

my authoring software and I got nice DVDs.

Now with PTE producing nice smooth 25 fps video from my slide shows,

I can use the creative possibilities of that fine program.

Perhaps my simple approach has to change, if I have to deal with camcorder

output formats, then I have to study the matter.

BeTa

BeTa,

I had appreciated that you were using a 'Small-Format Camera' but as I had said in Item #2 of my previous Post

you must de-interlace for viewing on LED/LCD PC-Screens as they are 'progressive-scanned' not raster-scanned.

Usually the same applies to Home-made DVD ~ however Commercial-DVD's are designed for both Scanning-Systems.

There is a vast difference between MPeg.2 Video ~versus~ MPeg.4 Video. The former was designed for Film-DVD production

on 'Raster-scanned' TV-Sets but for the past few years they have incorporated the ability to work on 'progressive-scan'

systems (Attachment in my last Post explains that). As for MPeg.4 Video this was designed for 'progressive-scan' Screens

which include PC-LED/LCD Screens and TV-Plasma-Screens and very modern Video-Players capable of playing Video-DVD

and Blue-Ray. Most of these modern Video-Players will handle MPeg.4 Video ~ however 'older' Video-Players will not play

MPeg.4 Videos nor AVCHD, just Standard DVD with some Avi-options.

It is very difficult for 'Amateur-DVD Makers' to come up with a standard 'Universal-DVD' which plays on all Video-Players

including LED/LCD & Plasma Screens irrespective whether they are PC's or Television-Sets and Mobile-devices,etc.....

It all depends on the Program preparation & Format and the final 'Authoring-Software' the latter costs money.

Having said that, MPeg.4-Video offers the best alternative's to PTE Video-Users for use on modern reproduction equipment.

(Attached: Link to DVD Authoring-Programs)

Brian.(Conflow)