WnSoft Forums

Sound file attached to slide

stonemason

In a manually controlled slideshow is there any way of spreading a sound file over two or more slides? For example if slide 1 is a picture of a species of bird, and has a recording of that birds song attached to it, and the following two slides are different pictures of the same bird. Is there a way of spreading the sound over 3 slides, bearing in mind this is a manually driven slideshow. I know how to achive this with an auto slide show where each slide has a fixed duration, but with a manual show the time on screen can vary from showing to showing.

Hi Geoff,

I can make it work in v7.0 this way, though there may be other ways:

In project options I untick 'Synchronise music and slides' and in the music tab, make sure that there is no background music.

The first slide where I want the music to start, I customise that slide by ticking 'Play new background music file(s)' and then add the music in the 'music' tab.

The next slide(s) where I want the music to continue, the 'Play new background music file(s)' needs to be unticked.

The slide where you want the music to stop, tick 'Play new background music file(s)' but don't have any music on the slide.

You should then be able to move manually through your slides at your own pace, the music continues playing over your selected slides. The only problem is that the music ends abruptly when you get to your 'stop' slide, I can't do anything about that.

Howard

Geoff,

Is my suggestion regarding placing the three images on the same slide totally unacceptable?

Think about it:

I manual mode and using three slides,unless your timing is immaculate, the sound is going to stop before (or after) the end of the third image.

If you put the three images in one slide fading from one to the next, your sound and images can be synchronised (within that one slide) and the slide can be stopped awaiting a button press or automatically move on to the next slide.

You have not said if anything else is happening while the three images are showing and the sound is playing - are you talking over this three image sequence?

DG