WnSoft Forums

Need file name to appear under each slide

maderemark

It's been a while (and a version) since I've use PTE.

I use to be able to set-up my shows so the file name appeared under or across each slide to make it easy for people to identify the photos for ordering purposes. I've searched every where and can't find that option! It's probably so obvious I'll laugh when someone tells me where it is. So where do I set that up???

It's been a while (and a version) since I've use PTE.

I use to be able to set-up my shows so the file name appeared under or across each slide to make it easy for people to identify the photos for ordering purposes. I've searched every where and can't find that option! It's probably so obvious I'll laugh when someone tells me where it is. So where do I set that up???

=====================

Greetings,

Go to Project Options/Comments

See the attached gif file. Hope this helps.

Gary

post-1794-0-06113900-1316740583_thumb.gi

=====================

Greetings,

Go to Project Options/Comments

See the attached gif file. Hope this helps.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I actually saw that but never clicked on the "Insert template" link because that phrase didn't make sense to me. Had I clicked on it, it's pretty obvious that is what I was looking for.

Perhaps "Insert template" could be changed to "Choose a comment" to be more clear. Does that make sense?

Thanks Gary. I actually saw that but never clicked on the "Insert template" link because that phrase didn't make sense to me. Had I clicked on it, it's pretty obvious that is what I was looking for.

Perhaps "Insert template" could be changed to "Choose a comment" to be more clear. Does that make sense?

=======================

I think if you stare a bit more at the menu, you will probably agree that just above "Insert template" is "Set text comment for new slides:", which is basically what you want. At first glance, it might be easy to misunderstand what it is all about. But after doing it once or twice, it becomes obvious. There are other areas in PTE that do lack an immediate understanding as to what the function will do. It just takes a bit of poking around at times to explore what is going on. I'd like to change some of the titles of functions but it is great that we have this Forum to help us through some of the steps we are trying to take.

Glad it worked out.

Gary

=======================

I think if you stare a bit more at the menu, you will probably agree that just above "Insert template" is "Set text comment for new slides:", which is basically what you want. At first glance, it might be easy to misunderstand what it is all about. But after doing it once or twice, it becomes obvious. There are other areas in PTE that do lack an immediate understanding as to what the function will do. It just takes a bit of poking around at times to explore what is going on. I'd like to change some of the titles of functions but it is great that we have this Forum to help us through some of the steps we are trying to take.

Glad it worked out.

Gary

Right again. I need to become a better observer!

Mark