WnSoft Forums

Outline Text

HaroldB

Harold,

Click the little button between the two Zoom fields and you can change each field separately. You might also need to apply a small adjustment to the Pan values, too, to get the outline exactly where you want it.

regards,

Peter

Hi, Peter!

The little button is related to height and width, not left and right. I can't get it to do outlines.

H

Harold,

Since PTE does not have a Text Outline feature ... I find its possible to get some degree of simulation by manipulating the Drop Shadow settings. You might find that the results will fit some basic needs.

* I find the Spread - Ring at Distance 0 gives the sharper edge ... then adjust the color and size to suit.

* If you want the Text Object to also have its normal shadow effect with the outline text effect ... you need two text objects to achieve the effect.

Harold,

That's where playing around with the drop shadow can help. By using a suitable combination of colours for both the text and the drop shadow; and by adjusting the size, position and intensity of the shadow effect, I find I can nearly always get the text to stand out clearly. And when I cannot, I set the text on a soft-edged rectangle of plain colour.

regards,

Peter

Hi Harold,

Use Drop Shadow, Customize

Angle - Doesn't matter - any setting

Set Distance to Zero

Set Size to 3

Under Spread Choose "Ring" or "Double Ring"

That's as good as you can approximate a "stroke" in Photoshop with PTE

This will outline your text - be sure to use a contrasting color.

Best regards,

Linoutlinetext.jpg

When adding text to a slide, is there a way to apply an outline to the text in PTE 7.0?

H