WnSoft Forums

"Another Place"

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Still testing the bridge camera which now has a couple of hundred clicks under it's belt. "Another Place" is one of Anthony Gormley's (he of angel of the North fame) exibitions. It consists of 100 life sized casts in cast iron of Gormley's body, planted in the sand at the mouth of the river Mersey at Crosby. We made a recce trip to find it then last evening to match low tide & sunset took a few pictures. After viewing & editing them. I thought they may be worthy of a full show? There are pictures from both of us, a few HDR. Mainly to see what the Canon would do.

Mechanics. Run time 3.46s, download 8.6mb, size 1280x1024, slide size fixed, 33 slides.

WARNING NUMEROUS PICTURES OF MALE NUDITY

Mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/?7uqt69dj00u6c

Yachtsman1.

Nice one Eric! Excellent images and nice background music and commentary! It immediately brought back memories of the 60's with Gerry and the Pacemakers singing "Ferry Cross the Mersey" - LOL.

Did you have a chance to try out the very excellent movie mode on the SX30 IS?

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks Lin.

No I haven't tried the movie mode yet, I'm having fun with the miriad of other features. Maybe if & when I decide to move up to the latest PTE version I will give it a try.

Kind Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Nice one Eric! Excellent images and nice background music and commentary! It immediately brought back memories of the 60's with Gerry and the Pacemakers singing "Ferry Cross the Mersey" - LOL.

Did you have a chance to try out the very excellent movie mode on the SX30 IS?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

Following this post, I don't know if you caught my Ferry across the Mersey show last year, it features the music you mentioned. See

http://www.mediafire.com/?wm2ormnjzrn

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for that! I hadn't seen it, but very nice and some great sunset photos as well. I didn't realize there was such a large tide there - that does make getting in and out a bit problematic.

My sailing experience is limited to the North Atlantic, Caribbean and coastal Florida. I've never had to deal much with tides other than keel clearance getting into and out of the slip in Clearwater, Florida. The water is quite shallow at low tide and the channels constantly shifting so that getting high centered is quite common. We have a term for the "remedy" called "kedging" which you seldom hear any more unless you sail in Florida. It consists of launching the dinghy with an anchor aboard, rowing to the length of the anchor rode, dropping anchor by hand then using the winch aboard the yacht to help pull the keel off the sand bar. Sometimes it takes two or three times and can get exhausting - LOL.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

Following this post, I don't know if you caught my Ferry across the Mersey show last year, it features the music you mentioned. See

http://www.mediafire.com/?wm2ormnjzrn

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

Carrying a kedge anchor is standard practice when sailing in the UK, usually a Danforth strapped to the pushpit, the rich sailors also have a stern winch. We did a bit of sailing in the Keys before we retired and were going to buy a boat in either San Diego or somewhere in Florida, possibly Punta Gorda, glad we didn't though, the marina we were looking in was wiped out by a Hurricane a few years later. Eventually due to Margaret's health had to settle for the Med, no problem with tides there.

Kind Regards

Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

I liked your show, the quality of your pictures and the chosen music. The format however does not do justice to your show on a 16:10 monitor.

Bert

Thanks Bert

You know what they say about not pleasing all the people etc.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1