WnSoft Forums

Gap between transitions

AVMaestroFRPS

How much time (or more to the point, how little time) can I leave between the end of one transition and the start of the next one? In the early versions I used to have to leave at least 1 second to avoid "looping" when played on somebody else's machine. Later versions seem better, but I would like to reduce that as much as possible to achieve a smoother flow of images. Can I reduce the gap in fact to zero?

Yes you can. As long as the computer it is playing back on can handle it.

Make sure your slide file sizes are small. 200k-300k is perfectly adequate for a 1024 x 768 slide. Obviously bigger for a larger screen size.

I usually have all my 'screen times' to about 1/10th of a sec, that way you can ensure they won't overlap.

Best way is to use the Timeline, expand the visible view - using CTRL+F11 so you can see as much as you need.

Then click on the slide number & drag it back to the position you want.

Or you can extend the transition time by putting the mouse at the end of the grey bar (it changes to a double headed arrow) and then drag the grey bar to the position you want.

CTRL+F12 will reduce the visible size of the Timeline again so you can see more slides.

Press the Spacebar to play from where you want.

Hope this helps.

Jill

Thanks Jill, that's very helpful.

I've tried leaving just a 1/10th second gap between transitions and it works fine on my computer. I need to try it on somebody else's (slower) machine to be absolutely sure.

The other comment about slide "duration" is not relevant to this query.

How much time (or more to the point, how little time) can I leave between the end of one transition and the start of the next one? In the early versions I used to have to leave at least 1 second to avoid "looping" when played on somebody else's machine. Later versions seem better, but I would like to reduce that as much as possible to achieve a smoother flow of images. Can I reduce the gap in fact to zero?