WnSoft Forums

DVD Slideshow created on Mac won't playback on TV

Photofanatic

• 2 weeks later...

HI Everyone

I am today back trying to solve the WINDOWS 7/MAC/PTE7/FUSION problem of creating a DVD from a PTE show.

I have now upgraded the Fusion 3 to the new Fusion 4 and tried again - but the problem still exists - i.e. it goes through all the motions - the pte show renders fine and i get the tick to say completed OK at the end but then the DVD isn't recognised by anything and seems blank although there is something visibly on it.

I have created an ISO file - I am now trying to find the best programme to create a DVD movie from this in MAC - will any quality be lost by doing it this way??

Thanks

Joy

No losses.

If you cannot find anything else Creator/Toast will do it.

But I'm not sure which you require - if it was created under a Windows environment do you need Creator?

Will Toast burn any ISO file regardless of the platform it was created under?

I don't know.

There are programmes out there which will "play" the ISO to prove that it is properly created. Virtual DVD?

As I suggested before, double click on the ISO - if you already have software to burn the ISO it will show itself.

DG

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would let you know the latest in this saga... I have today updated my Fusion 4 with their latest update which claims to fix a lot of compatibility problems and fixes bugs with the original version. I then of course had to have a go at burning the same show as I had all the problems with before in the hope that it might just work.......

Unbelievably - it did!! I tried it on the TV and yes - The DVD player read and played the disc and the disc was also recognised in windows/fusion4 (but still of course appeared blank still in MAC finder )

I couldn't believe it! So I then went on to burn another as the one I had just done was on a re-writabe DVD so as not to waste another if it didn't work. You can probably guess where this is going.....! when I tried on my usual DVD-R disc it didn't work - the disc wasn't recognised in either windows/fusion or by the DVD/TV player - so the problem may not to be with the DRM licenses but the type of disc I am using?? (yet video builder got to the end successfully and seemingly closed the disc at the end of the burn process)

Anybody's constructive thoughts would yet again be appreciated!

Joy

• 3 months later...

I HAVE WIN7 home

i put together my latest action shots -- no editing - as taken with camera

made a show

created a dvd video disk

checked/unchecked the appropriate boxes for the colonies - selected ISO and selected a new folder to save it to - also had a blank dvd in one of the burners

system completed the process and burned the disk

i found the iso and clicked it and win 7 burner box popped up ready to burn another

so that is as far as i go - i know my system will do it without 3rd party software

my good deed for the day -- 11:00 am Lowenbrau tall boy is my reward :)

ken

I have Win7 professional. I tried your method to copy a PTE DVD but was not successful. Can you recommend a software programme which will copy my already created PTE DVD's

Thanks

Mairijim

Ashampoo Burning studio 6 will do the job. http://www.ashampoo.com/en/eur/fdl

version 6 is also free version.

Luc M

Mairijim and Lmoreels,

This is for the benefit of Joy who has had so many problems with Windows/Mac/Fusion-4 ~ Yes "Ashampoo-6" will

create an excellent Universal-DVD which will play on most DVD-Players and modern TV-Sets with Disc-input.

This German-Program is really excellent and in my opinion its far better than 'Nero' and extremely stable but

it also executes one "critical-stage" not found in other Burner-Software. It imports your DVD-Media and then

proceeds to 'Authorise-it' and if your DVD-format is correct then it will copy the Media to 'Memory-dump' and

proceed onwards with the Burning. This creates the Video-TS and Audio-TS Folders to the DVD-ISO Standards.

(If your format is not correct it will advise you of same).

Joy, whether you can emulate this with Fusion-4 ~ I simply dont know, but be advised that Igor has recommended

the use of 'Bootcamp' for the cross-platform emulation.

Brian.(Conflow)

P.S. The DVD-ISO Standard which I mentioned has nothing to do with an "ISO-Disc Image" the

standard I mentioned is the "MPeg-11 DVD-International ISO-Standard"

This German-Program is really excellent and in my opinion its far better than 'Nero' and extremely stable but it also executes one "critical-stage" not found in other Burner-Software. It imports your DVD-Media and then proceeds to 'Authorise-it' and if your DVD-format is correct then it will copy the Media to 'Memory-dump' and proceed onwards with the Burning. This creates the Video-TS and Audio-TS Folders to the DVD-ISO Standards. (If your format is not correct it will advise you of same).

Home made dvds dont need authorisation. what does copy media to 'memory dump' even mean??

Joy, whether you can emulate this with Fusion-4 ~ I simply dont know, but be advised that Igor has recommended

the use of 'Bootcamp' for the cross-platform emulation.

Bootcamp and fusion is not emulation.

P.S. The DVD-ISO Standard which I mentioned has nothing to do with an "ISO-Disc Image" the standard I mentioned is the "MPeg-11 DVD-International ISO-Standard"

mpeg 11 ???

dvds are mpeg 2.

They are virtualization applications and I think the majority of users know these as emulators. I think to argue semantics serves no useful purpose in this case. As long as everyone understands that Bootcamp and Fusion allow an Intel-based MacIntosh to run Windows operating systems, that's sufficient for good communication. Even though the operating system is running in a virtualization mode, it doesn't necessarily mean that MacIntosh "hardware" will always work in the same way as Windows hardware works. Drivers and other factors may still cause issues with peripherals, and I believe that's what Brian is getting at.

Best regards,

Lin

snip...

Bootcamp and fusion is not emulation.

Lin,

Many thanks for your comment about 'semantics' and you are correct ~ thats exactly what I was

getting at, and its those randomised problems which has confused Joy/Photofanatic right up to

to her last Post of 19th November 2011. Many have tried to help her but we have not had a reply

since her last Post ~ I do hope she has resolved her problems by now.

Concerning Mpeg-2/AAC/AC3 Video-Files, I have to work in that Format for purpose of 'universality'

because I have no prior knowledge of the age of DVD-Players which I encounter in my daily work

so each of my 'Lecture-DVDs' contain both TS-Video/TS-Audio Folders for them to work properly on

any DVD-Players which I encounter (Authorising) ~ I certainly said nothing about Home-DVD which

was alluded to by the previous #36 Poster.

Brian.

They are virtualization applications and I think the majority of users know these as emulators. I think to argue semantics serves no useful purpose in this case. As long as everyone understands that Bootcamp and Fusion allow an Intel-based MacIntosh to run Windows operating systems, that's sufficient for good communication. Even though the operating system is running in a virtualization mode, it doesn't necessarily mean that MacIntosh "hardware" will always work in the same way as Windows hardware works. Drivers and other factors may still cause issues with peripherals, and I believe that's what Brian is getting at.

They dont cause issues. a mac with Bootcamp is windows hardware. I use Bootcamp and vmware and there is no difference between that and a real pc. Nothing is emulated and everything works. Thats how I run PTE, since i completely gave up on a Mac version.

So,

If I format my hard disk with OSx then my PC "is" a MacIntosh? Why spend the additional money for the Mac then!!

Lin

They dont cause issues. a mac with Bootcamp is windows hardware. I use Bootcamp and vmware and there is no difference between that and a real pc. Nothing is emulated and everything works. Thats how I run PTE, since i completely gave up on a Mac version.

Don't you see the problem with your logic? If a "Mac" booted in Windows is a Windows machine like any other, except for the logo on the case, then a Windows machine booted into OSx is a Mac like any other, except the logo on the case also - LOL. A=A...

Best regards,

Lin

Other way around. Boot a mac into windows and its a windows machine like any other, except the logo on the case.

PTE runs great that way.

Don't you see the problem with your logic? If a "Mac" booted in Windows is a Windows machine like any other, except for the logo on the case, then a Windows machine booted into OSx is a Mac like any other, except the logo on the case also - LOL.

that also works as long as the PC has the same components as a mac. some do, some dont.

• 2 weeks later...