WnSoft Forums

video Menu and come back button

Create your Menu EXE with Buttons.

In O&A Common set Action on Mouse Click for each Button to "Run Slideshow with return".

In Project Options untick "Use Hardware Acceleration".

Insert each video into a seperate PTE EXE show

Consider putting a short Blank slide before and after the video - same Background as Menu.

If I have got anything wrong Peter will be along and hopefully correct me.

DG

P.S. It works fine - thanks for the question!!

Morasoft,

It is possible to do what you want using v7 of PTE.

Build a sequence that has these slides in it: Menu, Video A, Menu, Video B, Menu, Video C, Menu (All four Menu slides are identical so build one and then Copy & Paste it.

Set the Project Options to "Wait for a keypress..." (Control), "Show mouse cursor" (Control), "When show ends keep last slide in show on screen" (Main). This show is going to be manually controlled not automatic.

Make the three video slides each long enough to show the video that is on it. Customize each of these slides to "Show next slide after indicated time interval" (Customize Slide|Main)

Place a button or thumbnail image for each video on the Menu slide and programme these buttons or thumbnails to "Go to Slide With Name..." (O&A window, Common tab) Pick the appropriate name for each video.

Each video, after playing will show the Menu Slide that follows it. This slide will wait for a keypress or mouse click. Which ever button or thumbnail you click will cause that video to be run.

It is not a neat solution - but it does work! You might want to add a button programmed to do an "Exit"

If there is anything you do not understand, please ask for a better explanation.

regards,

Peter

Dave,

We were keying at the same time! I think our friend wants everything in one sequence - which is what I have described. But I agree, your method is a "standard" one for running several sequences off a one-slide menu sequence.

regards,

Peter

Igor,

If you read this topic can I ask that you also consider adding to Customize Slide|Main an option to "Go to Slide With Name..." at the end of the indicated time. If this feature had existed, the only Menu slide required would have been the very first.

regards,

Peter

Morasoft,

It is possible to do what you want using v7 of PTE.

Build a sequence that has these slides in it: Menu, Video A, Menu, Video B, Menu, Video C, Menu (All four Menu slides are identical so build one and then Copy & Paste it.

Set the Project Options to "Wait for a keypress..." (Control), "Show mouse cursor" (Control), "When show ends keep last slide in show on screen" (Main). This show is going to be manually controlled not automatic.

Make the three video slides each long enough to show the video that is on it. Customize each of these slides to "Show next slide after indicated time interval" (Customize Slide|Main)

Place a button or thumbnail image for each video on the Menu slide and programme these buttons or thumbnails to "Go to Slide With Name..." (O&A window, Common tab) Pick the appropriate name for each video.

Each video, after playing will show the Menu Slide that follows it. This slide will wait for a keypress or mouse click. Which ever button or thumbnail you click will cause that video to be run.

It is not a neat solution - but it does work! You might want to add a button programmed to do an "Exit"

If there is anything you do not understand, please ask for a better explanation.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

I don't want to put too much emphasis on this because people get upset about it, but:

If you were to create your menus as you describe and copy and paste them so that there are sufficient of them (four in this case), then using "Keep Full Slide Duration" all that is needed is to drop a video in between each of the menus and the timing aspect is automatically taken care of.

Furthermore, each video and menu will automatically fade into each other and the transition (fade) time is adjustable to suit the video. Choosing any slide from any menu slide is possible.

Stopping the video before it is finished is (I THINK) only possible with the alternative method?? Pressing ESC would close the show, however, pressing the right arrow would probably advance the show to the next Menu Slide.

DG