WnSoft Forums

Time placement of video clips

aplman

An image in a slide can be placed according to the chosen mode (Fit To Slide or Cover Slide). I have already suggested that we need a Project Option for that choice, so we don't need to set the Mode for each slide separately. Some users want to fill the slide space (losing a bit of image), others want to see the whole image (even if it does not fill the screen).

Similarly, I see a definite need for a Project Option to control the placement of video clips - not spacially, but with regard to time. My video clips will usually be placed between static image slides, and I don't want my video motion or sound to start until the previous transition has completed. I want my whole video clip to be seen, not partly obscured by the transition.

The present state of version 7 apparently always places a video clip to begin at the start of the incoming transition. My preference would always be to have the transition completed before the video clip begins.

Therefore, may I please request a Project Option to allow that choice to be made one time only, and to apply to all video clips inserted? I believe it would be easy enough for Wnsoft's programmers to use the first frame of the video in the preceding transition, and the last frame in the next transition. That's the way I would like to work - always!

Ken T (APLman)

With respect Ken, Igor has already addressed this requirement and it is available to you.

In O&A> Properties set OFFSET equal to transition time and add that to the video slide duration. Changes made in the O&A Properties and/or the "Trimming Utility" are not yet automatically reflected in the Slide Duration Time. I have asked Igor to consider this.

However, good luck with your request.

DG

With respect Ken, Igor has already addressed this requirement and it is available to you.

In O&A> Properties set OFFSET equal to transition time and add that to the video slide duration. Changes made in the O&A Properties and/or the "Trimming Utility" are not yet automatically reflected in the Slide Duration Time. I have asked Igor to consider this.

DG

Thanks Dave ... but I am suggesting a Project Option to remove the necessity to do the steps you mention for every video clip.

Ken T (APLman)