WnSoft Forums

Heated Debate

davegee

If just one person shows the way others will follow - we have seen examples of this in the past. You were a leader in the early nineties?

I am struggling to see how you would ever see the kind of high quality show that I envisage either here or on Beechbrook.

Take a look at the file size of a couple of minutes of 1920x1080 HD Video clips and then imagine downloading that from Beechbrook? Maybe someone here can tell us precisely what file size to expect from a H.264 MP4 straight out of camera. Internet posts lead us to believe that something of the order of 1Gb per 10 minutes is realistic. However that is SOC - Igor's converter would bring that down.

There is also evidence which suggests that our systems are not yet up to showing such shows reliably and without artifacts. (That's why my new computer is coming with a 3Gb Graphics card).

But the example I quoted did not need to be converted and therefore was at the highest quality and that's the sort of example that will encourage others - not a clip of 800x600 video blown up to fill the HD frame to keep the file size down.

DG

Lin, Colin, Morasoft etc have posted examples of these new features -- they seem to be the only few willing to take a chance with the new features and as far as i am concerned did not get the accolades i felt they deserved.

Igor has busted his butt to bring these features to fruition and how much response has he got

I only wish I had the ability do this stuff, but i enjoy what is given, to see what is available and it blows my mind to see what PTE can do

remember Ron Wilkinson 80+-- years old - when pan and zoom

came about - within +- 2 days he had a ship going across the screen- crude but HE DID IT!!

and Lin had a first draft of operating instructions

and another fella

BJC

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4465-photoshop-cs2-layer-comps/

had a tutorial with animals in it explaining how to - THIS WAS V5 days

- i still have it on another machine -- those were the days of excitement

ken

Ken,

I whole heartedly agree with you. I have never dealt with video in my life and Igor has gone to great lengths to introduce this

into his wonderful product. It is there for us to use and I am not shy to try it out and share with members on this forum.

I am not a pro at this business and all my presentations have never been up there with the best. I however produce them because it

gives me pleasure and each time, I am learning something new. My video inserts have not been of the best quality and Barry touched

on this subject in an earlier thread on here. I think one must work with what they have and can obtain and I see this as a learning curve.

I have seen what can be produced through the likes of Lin, Morasoft etc and watching their creations inspires me to try new things.

I must also thank DG for his tremendous efforts to explain how to tackle video and I am most grateful. Isn't this what this forum

is all about?....learning from each other. I do not belong to any clubs and what I produce is for friends and family to view and for

forum members.

I will continue to dabble with video and try my best to make shows that will hopefully be to the satisfaction of some of the forum's

greatest critics.

Colin