WnSoft Forums

Multiple slides selected, O&A button clicked

aplman

The Objects and Animation button works fine when a single slide is selected in the Slide List. However, if multiple slides are selected, hitting the O&A button brings up the previous single-selection slide. It might not even be one of the currently selected slides. I find that behaviour quirky, and not useful.

May I suggest that the O&A button might provide some useful operations on multiple slides? (Well, on the Main Image of multiple slides).

For example,

(1) The "Mode" (Fit/Cover) could be changed. (Perhaps may not be allowable if the slide is already animated)

(2) Keypoints could be added at specified points - SlideBegin, SlideEnd, PrevEffectEnd, NextEffectBegin

(3) Keypoints could be cleared allowing animation to be re-specidied

(4) Pre-defined patterns of Keypoints could be inserted (e.g. Zoom 100 at PrevEffectEnd, Zoom 115 at NextEffectBegin)

(5) Drop Shadow could be ticked/unticked

(6) Pan/Zoom/Rotate could be set to Smooth instead of Linear

(7) etc. etc. etc.

I believe hundreds and thousands of mouse clicks could be saved if we could enjoy these convenience features. I already have a need for all these features, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Ken T (APLman)

• 3 months later...

Some good suggestions Ken, but the one about setting PZR to smooth would not work - in fact, it would cause major logic problem because this requires individual settings (glue, separate) on multiple keyframes and why would one expect to have identical keyframe positions on multiple slides? To make this work, the default would have to be smooth rather than linear, (any changes to keyframe positions require linear as a default). The entire flexibility of being able to have choices about where smooth, linear, accelerate, etc., are applied would require a major paradigm shift and re-write of large areas of code. I think this idea to implement would pretty much cripple the flexibility we have now and is probably why things are as they are from a programming perspective. The thing which "could" be improved is automatic separation of keyframes when smooth is chosen rather than having to do it individually, but then even this would cause issues with flexibility unless we had the "choice" of giving up the flexibility or not.

Best regards,

Lin

The Objects and Animation button works fine when a single slide is selected in the Slide List. However, if multiple slides are selected, hitting the O&A button brings up the previous single-selection slide. It might not even be one of the currently selected slides. I find that behaviour quirky, and not useful.

May I suggest that the O&A button might provide some useful operations on multiple slides? (Well, on the Main Image of multiple slides).

For example,

(1) The "Mode" (Fit/Cover) could be changed. (Perhaps may not be allowable if the slide is already animated)

(2) Keypoints could be added at specified points - SlideBegin, SlideEnd, PrevEffectEnd, NextEffectBegin

(3) Keypoints could be cleared allowing animation to be re-specidied

(4) Pre-defined patterns of Keypoints could be inserted (e.g. Zoom 100 at PrevEffectEnd, Zoom 115 at NextEffectBegin)

(5) Drop Shadow could be ticked/unticked

(6) Pan/Zoom/Rotate could be set to Smooth instead of Linear

(7) etc. etc. etc.

I believe hundreds and thousands of mouse clicks could be saved if we could enjoy these convenience features. I already have a need for all these features, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Ken T (APLman)

• 3 months later...

Hi Laurence,

Here's a sample of doing exactly that. I think you can see why there are logical difficulties with this approach. The zooms and a pan was performed on the first image. This image was copied and quickly pasted with CTRL V to the next slides and then those additional slides were simply replaced in the main screen by clicking on the icon and randomly selecting additional slides.

http://www.lin-evans.org/demo/sample.zip

Best regards,

Lin

I'd love to see pre-defined sets of keypoints & effects being inserted to multiple slides!