WnSoft Forums

Rolling ball

Boogie

Wow! Thanks DG for the "starter". My head is spinning already!! Is there a template for it?

I assume the more "faces" there are, the rounder the "ball" appears.

Boogie

Boogie,

Think about a football made this way. When it is inflated each of the Pentagons and Hexagons assume a "domed" shape.

Also think that most regular 3D shapes can be made from TRIANGLES. A cube, for instance, can be made from 24 triangles (four triangles per face).

By making each of the pentagons and hexagons in the Icosahedron from slightly stretched triangles, the point at which each of the triangles meets (the apexes) would be slightly raised above the plane of the "parent" pentagon or hexagon. This would approximate the "dome" effect achieved by inflating the object.

In theory it can be done.....................

DG

Boogie,

Think about a football made this way. When it is inflated each of the Pentagons and Hexagons assume a "domed" shape.

Also think that most regular 3D shapes can be made from TRIANGLES. A cube, for instance, can be made from 24 triangles (four triangles per face).

By making each of the pentagons and hexagons in the Icosahedron from slightly stretched triangles, the point at which each of the triangles meets (the apexes) would be slightly raised above the plane of the "parent" pentagon or hexagon. This would approximate the "dome" effect achieved by inflating the object.

In theory it can be done.....................

DG

Dave

I am taking it a step at a time. The exe demo I downloaded is very good but despite that I am struggling! Rather than block up the Forum, I am sending you a PM explaining where I am hitting that "brick wall"

Boogie