WnSoft Forums

Best HD format to import to PTE

cgbraggjr

I am just getting my feet wet with video in PTE. I'm working with Sony Vegas and need to know which of Sony's HD output formats will work best (no stutters, lowest CPU speed needed). Sony offers:

Quick Time 7 (uncompressed),

Sony AVCHD@60i,

Sony AVC Blu-Ray 1920x1080@60i 10MBPS,

Video for Windows AVI 1080-60i YUV, and

WMV with a bit rate range from 6.4 to 8.0 MBPS.

Eventually the show will be made into an EXE file, so this might be a non-event question.

Thanx - Chuck

Hello Chuck,

All these formats are not optimal for use in PicturesToExe. Uncompressed QuickTime should have large file size and others based on H.264 format which is heavy for decoding.

We recommend MPEG4-ASP, DIVX, XVID formats in *.avi ro *.mp4 file containers.

Hi Chuck

Like you, a newcomer to HD video, I started with Sony Vegas. Like you, I found all their output formats problematical.

I changed to Video Pad Video Editor and found that, as Igor has confirmed , most files, including .mov files straight form the camera (unedited), work well, especially if converted in PTE . This last bit is important. It is best to convert in PTE first and then go back and Trim later if required.

Procedure: double click the file and the converter dialogue box appears. Select Optimise and save to the same location. A second PTE window appears on the taskbar that shows the conversion process. Click Remove Completed when it's finished converting the file. This only clears the job list - it doesn't delete the original file. The converted file should now appear in the file list.