WnSoft Forums

Unable to burn DVD

afink01

Greetings all:

I have greatly enjoyed PTE and made several fun shows. Typically, I have generated an MP4 on my desktop, copied to my laptop, and then played on our flat screen using HDMI cable from laptop directly to TV (with Media Player classic). I would like to create my most recent show as a DVD that I can play in my DVD player. However, when I try to do this, despite the project line at the bottom of the screen indicating 0.9GB and using a new blank DVD disk, I get an error message saying that the disk only has 1.9GB free and that 2.6GB are needed. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron,

My best guess is that you have included video files in your PTE project. Currently the projected output size calculation PTE displays does not include any video file sizes added to the total project.

Igor will most likely address this total projected calculation in a future release.

If you have a DVD Burning utility (third party or W7 Cyber Link Power2Go) you can create an ISO instead of trying to burn directly to DVD. Untick everything other than Create ISO File.

Then double click on the ISO file to bring up the DVD burner. If the ISO is greater than about 4.4Gb then it will not do it.

Try that?

DG

Aaron

That ISO option you have been given will probably do the job. Its what I used to do sometime ago if ever I had an issue with a DVD. However, I have found another problem that you might want to look at at some stage

PTE does create temp files sometimes and if you look in this address you can delete anything referring to pte C:\Users\Barry\AppData\Local\Temp\ In your case the word barry will reflect something else of course. I found that there were some temp files left which interferred with me writing a DVD. Once I cleared them , then the DVD was created OK