WnSoft Forums

See the window...

morasoft

Continuing the fun:

Warning! Tasteful nudity - if you have anything against the cute southbound end of a northbound girl, don't download.

http://www.lin-evans...t/projectpc.zip (about 34 meg)

http://www.lin-evans.../projectmac.zip (about 34 meg)

Lin

Very good Lin, hic! A technical point though - Venetian blinds fall down the opposite way in which they go up. The top slat revealing itself first, then the next, then the next. Oh! and another challenge - where's the ladder webbing? - it's what supports the slats.

Technically, this project is showing some excellent uses of the PTE facilities.

However, (and this is REALLY picky), Lin's blinds appear to be inside looking out and therefore the overlap is the wrong (?) way.

But when they open the "pelmet" suggests two inside rooms.

Small details?

DG

However, (and this is REALLY picky), Lin's blinds appear to be inside looking out and therefore the overlap is the wrong (?) way.

But when they open the "pelmet" suggests two inside rooms.

DG

You're correct, assuming the young girls are keeping warm by being inside. When I started this I had an outside scene as the backgound and it has developed from there.

LOL - you guys are sure "pickey" ....

Actually, let me address all three questions here. First the inside window looking "outside" to another "inside room." That's not uncommon where I live. For example, my previous ranch home had a window in the kitchen which, when the blinds were drawn, revealed a large "spa" room with a hot tub, cedar lined walls, chairs, tables, couches and sliding doors and large windows from that room leading outside to the pasture, barn, out building, lawns, etc. Very much like you see in the room with the fireplace...

Often here we use windows between adjacent rooms, especially if the room is "common" to several other rooms. In the SW United States this is not an unusual form of construction probably originating in the old "Spanish Courtyard" concept, but the "courtyard" surrounded by walls and enclosed in modern days to make this an "all season" and warm and cozy place to enjoy seeing the great outdoors without the attendant weather issues.

O.K. The blinds look neater doing it the way I did without ugly cords bunching up and a big "wad" of stacked blinds being hoisted into the valance. Just imagine that there were channels, gears, and a hoist chain inside the window frame and each "blind" was connected by a translucent polycarbonate rod to the master track chain hidden inside the window channel which lowers and raises the blinds. Anybody buying this??? LOL.

For those who are "purists," I'll do another with the more "conventional" look and post it in a few days....

Best regards,

Lin

Attention to detail scores points is what I am preachin'.

I'm in awe of some of the things being done but where I see room for improvement I see it as my duty to help out wherever I can.:rolleyes:

DG

Well Ken, I was in my local PC shop yesterday and they now offer a service where they will take over your PC remotely and fix it for you while you sit and watch.

Perhaps Lin might benefit from that kind of service from one of us?

Perhaps not.:rolleyes:

I can only repeat what I said in Post #14.

DG

Well I can provide a Venetian Blind to fit your window and hopefully there is a good view outside (or Lin can provide some nubile females) and we can take a video of it. It would save an awful lot of trouble.

Hey - that would be great except, unfortunately, until Igor gives us video as a mask we can't "see through" a video transparency so we'll have to just keep on doing it the "hard way" until we can have video with chroma key extraction or video as a mask capabilities.

I'll furnish the girls, it you will buy the Chardoney and furnish the wine glasses. Here, it's a "brown paper bag" which distinguishes the connoisseur of fine wines from the "wino" LOL...

Best regards,

Lin

By the way, I'll be posting the "fixed" version as far as the "dropping the blinds" correctly in a few moments - it will be about a half hour and on the same link with the same name....