WnSoft Forums

Just an Experiment

Lin Evans

Just to see if it could be done.... took a while and required creating interesting masks, etc.

Warning, tasteful artistic nudity in first two slides ... a number of special "effects" and a little surprise... About 58 meg download...

http://www.lin-evans...project2mac.zip (MacIntosh native executable)

http://www.lin-evans.../project2pc.zip (Windows PC zipped Exe)

For those with less than an optimal video card, or who haven't the bandwidth to download a nearly 60 meg zipped exe, here the video version. It's not quite as smooth as the executable with a top-end video card, but it should play fine on almost any system....

http://www.lin-evans.org/experiment/experiment.htm

Lin

Well done , Lin !

Perhaps it would be good to give a mirror to this lady .....:rolleyes: and put Venitian views the next time !:P

As for Morasoft , I noticed

it is not correct to pull the blinds up with the slats vertical, it wears out the strings and can damage the slats plus they would not sit one behind the other.
(Mickp) ; my mother said me that a long time ago ....

daniel

Hi Guys,

Thanks - a bit of a workout for a video card - less than optimal systems will probably experience stutter on the snowfall in the last scene, but modern video cards will probably play it smoothly.

I posted a video version link today Friday 13 January..... I'll repeat the video link here:

http://www.lin-evans.org/experiment/experiment.htm

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Ken,

One of the problems with large shows. Unfortunately, there is really nothing I can do other than make a postage sized video to reduce the bandwidth considerations. It "could" be converted to high quality Flash which has much greater compression, but I lost my super expensive Flash FLV with preload conversion software with my system crash so now have to use MP4. The freeware Flash conversion software actually makes a larger file than the MP4. The file size is about 196 meg so the only thing those with limited bandwidth can do is start and immediately pause and let it buffer long enough to play without interruption.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin

takes a lot of bandwidth to do the video - and takes it nearly to end of show to fill the cache - my bandwidth was able to keep ahead of it with no stoppage along the way but some may have a problem and not view it like the exe

ken

Hi Robert,

Hi Robert,

Thanks much! It was a fun project and one which the difficulty of making is probably largely unappreciated by most. I'm sorry to hear that Moises (Morasoft) has left the forum, his input and extremely well thought out sequences and animations will be greatly missed.

Obviously, there are many uses for a tool like PTE. Animation and the creation of various objects is probably not of consuming interest to most who currently use the product, but the things learned by pushing the boundaries of possibilities and incorporated into PTE will, I believe, eventually be appreciated by more as younger users become interested and join the cadre over time. I think that often we older folks tend to get "stuck" in the past and fail to open our eyes to the changes happening around us. There will always be a place for conventional sequences and well thought out constructions which tell a story and bring the beauty of the world to us in audio and visual splendor; but concepts like video and animation, which are currently and primarily the realm of younger enthusiasts, will eventually filter their way to older users, at least to most of us. Interestingly, some of our now departed illustrious members such as Peter Coles (AV Peter) were very interested in learning and using animation to enhance the AV experience. Even one of our oldest members, Ron Wilkinson (Ronwil) was learning animation and doing quite well with it up until a few days before he passed away a few years ago.

Hopefully, there will always be room for all our interests with this great product and it will continue to flourish as a tool of choice for a wide variety of audio/visual interests.

Best regards,

Lin

As expected;quality work! Your crackling fireplace scene is still one of my favorites of your PTE constructions.

Wow!!! Extremely clever. I have only just got my head around producing a reasonably basic show. I just wouldn't know where to start to be able to produce something like this. I like the blind effect. is that available for others to use

Well done.

Paul