WnSoft Forums

Lap Top specification

Mike Reed

I am about to change my lap top as I find that sequences with much movement require faster processing chips. My present lap top has a Intel i3 chip and I see that the latest is i7. Does anybody have a view on this subject.

Mike,

In my experience modern Laptops with i3 Processor-Systems and Intergrated-Graphic Chipset

are quite capable of resolving nearly all Motion-Images except "Motion-3D Images".

Having said that, its also my experience that most Laptop-Owners tend to 'overload' the System

with massive Photo-Folders and Programs which all have to be contineously refreshed so using

up the available (system) 'Virtual-Memory' not to be confused with User-RAM Memory. Burning up

'virtual-memory' slows down the Processors and the Graphics-system and is most likely to occur

when the Hard-Drive goes over 50~60% of its working capacity and at 75% capacity any user will

notice a dramatic reduction in processing-speed irrespective of the number of Processors used.

And had you forgotten to 'Defrag' the Hard-Drive now and then ?

To check to see if this is your problem see the Attached-image below with instructions.

Hope this help you...

Brian (Conflow)

Mike,

In my experience modern Laptops with i3 Processor-Systems and Intergrated-Graphic Chipset

are quite capable of resolving nearly all Motion-Images except "Motion-3D Images".

Having said that, its also my experience that most Laptop-Owners tend to 'overload' the System

with massive Photo-Folders and Programs which all have to be contineously refreshed so using

up the available (system) 'Virtual-Memory' not to be confused with User-RAM Memory. Burning up

'virtual-memory' slows down the Processors and the Graphics-system and is most likely to occur

when the Hard-Drive goes over 50~60% of its working capacity and at 75% capacity any user will

notice a dramatic reduction in processing-speed irrespective of the number of Processors used.

And had you forgotten to 'Defrag' the Hard-Drive now and then ?

To check to see if this is your problem see the Attached-image below with instructions.

Hope this help you...

Brian (Conflow)

Hi

Simply put; you should have a 'dedicated' Graphics Card on the lap top rather than 'integral', as part of the RAM, - basically this tends to be on better (more expensive!) specified machines!

Cheers

Geoffrey