WnSoft Forums

REYKJAVIK IN WINTER

Lakelandlass

Hi Maureen,

Great show, tack sharp images as usual, loved the contrasting colour of the houses and roofs against the snow.I

I noticed that you credited the images to your husband, my question is who taught who?

Many thanks for another great AV.

Rick

Maureen,

A superb presentation with crisp sharp pictures and a good contrast of colour and composition.

Your son Mark is to be congratulated. I loved the night pictures with the aurora, brilliant.

Thank you once again for sharing,

Colin

Hi Maureen,

It appears that i have been in America so long that i forgotten how to read English,What i should have written was "you credited your son with taking the images and not your husband" please forgive my mistake.

Rick

Hi Maureen,

It appears that i have been in America so long that i forgotten how to read English,What i should have written was "you credited your son with taking the images and not your husband" please forgive my mistake.

Rick

Thanks to Colin and Rick.

Rick - We like to think we learn from each other, but it seems more often to be ME asking him the questions these days.

Maureen

Hi Maureen

Absolutly beautiful images. Particularly the urban shots with the stunning colour contrasts, no not paticularly the urban becuse that would suggest the other to be in some way inferior. All the images were a delight.

If I can be a little bold and ask, was a tripod used to achieve such sharpness, was there any colour saturation introduced or is it just the very clear air.

Snapcam

Hi Maureen

Absolutly beautiful images. Particularly the urban shots with the stunning colour contrasts, no not paticularly the urban becuse that would suggest the other to be in some way inferior. All the images were a delight.

If I can be a little bold and ask, was a tripod used to achieve such sharpness, was there any colour saturation introduced or is it just the very clear air.

Snapcam

Hi Snapcam

First of all, thanks for your generous comments. Yes, a tripod was used; in fact, you can see the shadow on one of the photographs. No colour saturation was used as the air is very clear and cold, as you suggest.

Maureen

Maureen

Another excelent show. How fortunate you were with the weather. Many of the shots reminded me of when we were there a few years ago. We were there over new year and there is the most amazing show of fireworks let off by everyone. The sky was full of fireworks for over 2 hours. Unfortunalely we had no clear skies.

Regards

Paul

Maureen

Another excelent show. How fortunate you were with the weather. Many of the shots reminded me of when we were there a few years ago. We were there over new year and there is the most amazing show of fireworks let off by everyone. The sky was full of fireworks for over 2 hours. Unfortunalely we had no clear skies.

Regards

Paul

Paul - thanks for your comments. My son was out in Reykjavik for a week and the weather was very poor most of the time - he just had to sit it out and wait for the clear bits.

Fortunately, there were a few.

Maureen