WnSoft Forums

Burning exe. file on same DVD

pip

Ken,

Yes you did, but thought there might be someone else that could at least confirm or refute our findings, guess not. Your 2 discs are in the mail, or better yet, just go to your favorite media store and ask for your free 50 DVD Christmas pack. Just tell'm pip sent ya! Happy Holidays...

pip

Pip,

Having the best of both worlds may be a little tough ... but using DVD-RAM format should be capable of this. DVD-RAM disks are mainly created for storage of computer data like backing up your hard drive.

The price of success also has its limitations ... Most DVD players can’t play DVD-RAM disks.

I didn't tried yet, but I consider that it's possible.

Because in Ulead DVD MovieFactory or TMpegEnc Plus/Author you can produce files with structure of future DVD disc without burning it. Next step - you add .exe file to some NEW folder and place autorun.inf file. Now using Nero 6 or Easy CD Creator 6 choose burn DVD-Video disc and just move all earlier created files to the shows structure of DVD disc.

Click burn button.

p.s. to save your time and DVD discs :) I recommend to try with CD-RW or DVD-RW discs how it works.

did it run on a home dvd player

why should you have to put an autorun.inf for a "home svcd"?

my tests were to put disk in the home dvd player and have it play the svcd -- the player would not detect the svcd components

now if you extracted the mpeg of the svcd and added it and the exe that is a different situation which i will have to try

but still need to know why one has to add a computer command to a player that is not a computer

please explain your "working" method

ken

I'm using Nero to burn the SVCD disk. I prepared the MPEG-2 using TMPGEnc. Selected SVCD in Nero and dropped the MPEG into the "Video" window in Nero (see illustration). Then put the EXE and Autorun.inf (if you want the EXE to load automatically when inserted into a PC) into the root of the CD, not in a folder. This works great in my standalone DVD player (Apex AD-1500) and will autorun on my PC.

Illustration

[edit] nobeefstu, haven't tried it on DVD yet.....it was just a test, not something I wanted to waste a DVD blank on :) but I guess it would work just as well on DVD.

well dont say ya can't teach an old dog new tricks

using roxio ezcd creator classic i put 7 - mpeg 1 layer2 mpg's along with a p2e exe on a cdrw

no auto run cause i dont need it

put it in a dvd player capable of reading svcd [mpeg 1 layer2] files and it worked perfect

i will be duplicating this entry in the tips thread

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1350

must have been the double shot of B12 the gave me this morn B)

ken