WnSoft Forums

How to start

sweetpea61

Hello,

I am afraid I am worse than a novice but I stumbled on PTE by accident and downloaded a trial. I think this is just what I want since the samples I have seen are absolutely beautiful. Is there a place to go to tell me how to do the beautiful backgrounds and title pages. The program help files don't seem to help a lot so far. Perhaps I need to hunt and read more. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Sweetpea61

My Webpage

Hello,

I am afraid I am worse than a novice but I stumbled on PTE by accident and downloaded a trial.  I think this is just what I want since the samples I have seen are absolutely beautiful.  Is there a place to go to tell me how to do the beautiful backgrounds and title pages.  The program help files don't seem to help a lot so far.  Perhaps I need to hunt and read more.  Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Sweetpea61

I'm new to PTE as well, but prepare my slides in Photoshop. They could also be prepared in Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, or any one of a myriad of photoediting or art programs that also have painting capabilities. You save your images as jpg files and they don't have to be huge. YOu can use a resolution of 72 ppi. 800 x 600 is a good size for pictures as not all viewers will have their monitor resolution higher than that.

I also add text in my editing program. Actually, for my programs so far, I have only used a black background, but should I want something with a bit more design I would use the programs I mentioned...but in all honesty, I feel my photos should demand the most attention and if they're good they don't need anything else. I also feel that too many transitions are annoying and prefer to use just the fade in and out, unchecking all the other options.

What photoediting program are you using?

Isabel

Is there a place to go to tell me how to do the beautiful backgrounds and title pages.

Hi, Sweetpea,

Welcome to the Forum!

In case you haven't found it yet, in this TUTORIAL on page 4 of Beechbrook, OGL (Oleg), one of our more accomplished graphic and AV effects designers, has created an informative and interesting tutorial on how he created one of his backgrounds.

He uses Photoshop, which is probably the most popular and versatile commercially-used image editing programs, but as Isabel indicated there are a number of other budget programs available.

What Al has omitted to mention is his own excellent PTE Tutorial, which can be downloaded.

Ron [uK]

Thanks for the plug, Ron. :) Unfortunately my tutorial doesn't go into any detail on how to achieve the various special effects that are possible through PTE and Photoshop. That's a subject for a more advanced version. (maybe after Christmas??? 2005??? :blink: )

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your help. I have Paintshop Pro 8 and Photoshop as well and I even have Photo Impact. Always something in one I like, but I always go back to PaintShop Pro. I guess I was looking for the backgrounds and effects within the program. I am downloading the tutorial you mentioned also and I am sure this will help. Thank you so much.

• 3 weeks later...

DJ

Welcome to PTE !!

You will also get lots of help at the main PTE forum here

This forum tends to deal with presentation on the Beechbrook site (which temporarily is down :( )

• 4 weeks later...