WnSoft Forums

calvin harris - burns night

cescpistol

Guest Yachtsman1

hi, i've been using picturestoexe for a few years now and this is my latest youtube slideshow.

Hi Calvin

You have posted this in the wake of the departure from the forum of a member who got upset at the lack of or content of the comments of his work. So please don't take this in the wrong way.

Briefly, I found the show boring, including the music & in no relationship to Burns night. B) Yachtsman1

Hi Calvin,

I enjoyed watching your show, refreshing to view something different. I did not find it boring but we all have different views. Loved the colours and transitions.

With Burn's night being just a week away I can see the association.

Ray.

I agree with Ray that it is nice to see something different and somebody using a bit of imaginations. For me it was a little to long for such a repetitive theme and I hated the music. A modern take on something Scottish might have been more appropriate.

Hi Calvin

This is sure a very modern abstract presentation of Burns and maybe has an acquired taste. However, I would imagine it took some planning to do this presentation and in a strange way I liked it but felt the music too melodic. I think it is important to embrace new creative ways of presenting images, although many will disagree,

I personally welcome this brave refreshing controversal show.

Paul

Hi Calvin

If you are happy with your production that's all that matters. It's not to my taste but neither is Picasso or other abstract artists that sell for millions. However it takes guts to post somthing on an open forum allowing yourself to receive negative comment and also positive comments. There are plenty of viewers but only a few will make comments. Keep going you may be worth a fortune once you are dead. Who knows.

Regards

Paul

This forum is very fun. :)

Some call you Calvin, but you are not Calvin. :D

Paulcl and Paulo has a different name but (I think) they are the same person ...(look at the structure of the message). :blink:

He (they) have done that too in "REYKJAVIK IN WINTER" post :o

Others sent projects by PM to not share... :lol:

And within a moment this post will be deleted, they have done before... :(

Spock ;)

Spock

quite obvious you dont understand the English ways

Paulcl and Paulo has a different name but (I think) they are the same person ...(look at the structure of the message). :blink: 2 different people - if you were a member for quite some time you would know this

people can have similar comments

Others sent projects by PM to not share... :lol: their perogative

you should learn the English language before you start critisizing people

Spock

quite obvious you dont understand the English ways

Paulcl and Paulo has a different name but (I think) they are the same person ...(look at the structure of the message). :blink: 2 different people - if you were a member for quite some time you would know this

people can have similar comments

Others sent projects by PM to not share... :lol: their perogative

Ken I feel a little upset that people may think I am sombody else. I AM NOT Paulcl

Ken,

That is a very arrogant attitude to take! You have, yourself, on numerous occasions recommended that people use online translation tools. So, on the one hand you say they don't have to learn English, they can let the computer translate; and on the other hand you say they have to learn English. Make your mind up!

I think you owe Spock an apology for that remark.

Peter

Paulcl and Paulo has a different name but (I think) they are the same person ...(look at the structure of the message).

Spock,

If you read the details of the name panels at the left of each of their posts, you will see that one lives in Suffolk and the other in Oxfordshire. That's a bit like expecting it to be the same person when one lives on the Azores and the other on the Canaries.

Peter

you are welcome to your opinion Peter, the person that requested i speak to Spock was quite satisfied with my reprimand

if he/she had read the locations of the names mentioned there would have been no need for the message

In fact he/she figured the message would have been deleted if you had read the letter

thank you very much

ken