WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) Sound File problem

Phil4379

I have created three MP3 files using Audacity. The first two loaded into my Pictures to Exe project with no problem, but the third loads in with no volume and a flat line on the wave line.

I have checked the MP3 file itself, and that seems fine, good wave form and play in Audacity and Windows Player no problem. It is just when I load it into my project that I have the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing incorrectly?

Many thanks

Philip

(New user)

I have created three MP3 files using Audacity. The first two loaded into my Pictures to Exe project with no problem, but the third loads in with no volume and a flat line on the wave line.

I have checked the MP3 file itself, and that seems fine, good wave form and play in Audacity and Windows Player no problem. It is just when I load it into my project that I have the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing incorrectly?

Many thanks

Philip

(New user)

==============================

Phillip,

I don't have an answer to your question. But, just to let you know, recently I had a similar perplexing question about an MP3 that, also, showed up in PTE as a flat line wave form. Even though it was flat-lined in PTE, it did play the music. If I remember right, it did show the wave form in Audacity and played just fine. I could not find what was the cause. I tried hard to figure it out but no luck. I guess it just happens...

You can see one of my attachments shows the flat-line mp3 here:

Gary

Many thanks for the replies.

In the end it was simple. I was trying to be too clever by messing around with the start time for my subsequent files. If I just loaded them and left everything alone then they simply tacked each new file onto the end of the previous one which is what I wanted!

Phil