WnSoft Forums

"Matchstalk Men"

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

LS Lowry was a Manchester born artist who's work was villified originally, however he persevered & eventually won fame. He turned down the Knighthood he was offered & was a bit of a recluse. I saw him one day when passing through Mottram, a village near where I lived at the time. Today his works are worth millions & I can picture him in that artists studio in the sky with a cheeky grin on his face. This show of mine has come about after attending a local AV group where another version was shown, so I thought I would produce my own to show at our next residents get together. It's also my first widescreen version. After the badgering from Ken & others. I produced it as a test for the new LT & projector.

Mechanics Download from Mediafire 11MB, aspect ratio 16-10, run time 5mins 21s, 40 slides fixed slide size.

http://www.mediafire.com/?612htc5y3wakv3h

Yachtsman1

PS all the pictures from Google.

Just a heads up for anyone interested.

Avast brought up a threat detected warning when I opened the link to Media Fire. We know its a false positive, but if you post a zipped version, it is easier to download and deal with the false warning.

I have to say its about time you kicked that 5:4 format into touch :-)

Guest Yachtsman1

Just a heads up for anyone interested.

Avast brought up a threat detected warning when I opened the link to Media Fire. We know its a false positive, but if you post a zipped version, it is easier to download and deal with the false warning.

I have to say its about time you kicked that 5:4 format into touch :-)

Hi Barry

Maybe it's time you changed to MSE & kicked Avast into touch? I haven't kicked 5-4 into touch, I still prefer 5-4 as that is what my monitor on my main PC is, This was just a test for the new slideshow hardware, (LT & projector.)

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

I liked the layout and blend of images in your AV.I thought it was well done.

Some of the images did suffer from jaggies and artefacts as a result of being ‘maxed out’ from low res sources.

It might be worth the effort to replace some of these images with higher res ones.

You might as well make the most of the new projector.

I have some higher res Lowry images if you can’t be bothered searching.

Davy

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

I liked the layout and blend of images in your AV.I thought it was well done.

Some of the images did suffer from jaggies and artefacts as a result of being ‘maxed out’ from low res sources.

It might be worth the effort to replace some of these images with higher res ones.

You might as well make the most of the new projector.

I have some higher res Lowry images if you can’t be bothered searching.

Davy

Hi Davy

Thanks for the offer, yes some of them were only 45KB, but the show was just a time filler. After seeing it a couple of times I will eventually re-do it completely & tighten it up, needs to be snappier IMO. If your images are emailable you may be able to attach them to a PM?

Thanks again.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

A nice presentation if just a touch too long for me, the screeching children at the end got on my nerves. Can't see how you could have produced this in anything other than wide screen. Surely format has more to do with composition than the size of the screen you happen to have.

Guest Yachtsman1

A nice presentation if just a touch too long for me, the screeching children at the end got on my nerves. Can't see how you could have produced this in anything other than wide screen. Surely format has more to do with composition than the size of the screen you happen to have.

Hi Mick agree with you entirely, just wanted to try the widescreen view. I still prefer 5-4 as it is easier to show portrait & landscape pics with not too much cropping. Didn't have much choice with these as they are internet pics.

On another tack, I believe the Lowry Centre & Media City in Salford have great photo oportunities, hope to get there later this year. We could combine it with a trip up the Manchester Ship Canal, from Liverpool. :rolleyes:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.