WnSoft Forums

Not far From Home

baldsparky

Hi

this show is of a similar ilk to one I did a couple of years ago. All the photos are taken within a 20 mile radius of home, hence the title not far from home.

Sorry but this is just a plain show with photographs and music, no great animation I'm afraid.

If you wish, please feel free to comment.

The show can be downloaded from my on line storage by clicking on the link below, where you will find a zipped file, NFFH2a

http://sh.digitalvault.bt.com/invite/login?c=62616c64737061726b79&i=68375-133ddd89eb7-gemini04&t=7d88e9e91a58a11c&r=mg〈=en

The show lasts about 3 mins 20 secs and is about a 20mb download.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Paul

This is a nice little show. Images and music go together well. It is one of the rare productions shown here, where the transitions and the timing of the music go hand in hand. I like the images, but one may regard them as a bit over-processed. I would like to recommend a few changes:

• Replace the white border either by none, or by a grey one (see also here)
  • Make some experiments with changing the transition times (e.g shorter times in cases where the dissolves aren't that fine)
  • Try to repair the blown-out highlights in the dog's coat.
  • The time for the final credits is too short, and I would fade them out into a black screen.

Regards,

Xaver

Hi

thanks to Gayland and Eric glad you liked the show. Eric I'm humbled that you would consider it good enough to keep, if it gives you any ideas and helps you with the enjoyment of your hobby then that's nice to know.

Lin, glad you liked the show too, interesting to hear that you have different views to Xaver, we are all different and like and see things in different ways,

but I think that's great, if we all thought the same what a boring old lot we would be.

Xaver, thanks for your comments they are very much appreciated, they are things that I will consider not only for this show but others in the future also.

Thanks for pointing me to the post by Maureen, very interesting.

I did try and repair the blown out highlights on the dog, but any more than this seemed to become very obvious, perhaps my technique is not so good?

Thanks again to all for taking the time to reply

Kind regards

Paul