WnSoft Forums

Cutting the start of a slide & adjusting all key frame times

mikeaja

I hope this is not a daft, already answered a 1000 times question. I'm struggling with finding things in this forum that fit what I'm searching for (probably just need to get used to it).

Anyway, I've got my slideshow, first slide is 10 secs, second starts with a slow pan out (lasting 6 seconds), and then other stuff. I'd like to split the first slide in 2, making two slides of 7 seconds, then take the extra 4 seconds from the start of second slide.

However, if I use customize slide and change the length minus 4 seconds, the key frame time stay the same (so the last one overflows).

Is there a way I can cut 4 seconds from the start of slide two, which also moves all the key frame timings in that slide minus 4 seconds?

I hope I am making sense here.......

Hi Mike,

There is no way to actually "split" a slide, but you can "duplicate" it by copy/paste in the main slide list and then rearrange the time for either.

The keyframes can be handled in two ways automatically, depending on whether or not you check "scale keyframes in objects (on time change)" If you click and check this feature, then when you shorten or lengthen the time for an individual slide, the actual relationship between adjacent keyframes remains constant. For example, if you were to have a pan followed by a zoom in and zoom out programmed, and you had placed a checkmark in this block, then changed the time display for this slide from 10 seconds to six seconds, everything would happen exactly as it did before only it would happen faster. The same "relative" times between keyframes would be maintained. So if you were to take actions which you had programmed and assign them a "percentage" of overall time, this percentage based on the total slide time would remain the same after you had changed the slide's display time.

On the other hand, if you do "not" check this and you add time to the slide, the actions will remain identical except the extra time would be added after your keyframes. But what if you "subtracted time?" Then if the new time were "less" than the time encompassed by the keyframes, you would loose whatever was previously happening in that time period chopped off the end.

So you "probably" will be able to do what you are attempting by duplicating (copy/paste) the first slide then applying the above rules.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

Thanks so much for the detailed post.

I can't believe I missed that option 'scale keyframes', great to know about, although in this case it's not what I need.

I don't think I can split the slide. The slide in question is based on theDoms template '3d scenary' and all the action is in one slide (and there are loads of key frame markers now).

If I understand correctly, there's no way of moving all timeframes at once (so not scaling them, but taking say 4 seconds of all of them). Not a big problem, as there aren't so many that I can't just do each one separately. But thought I should check first.

EDIT: I think I've found treads from last year about this, and selecting multiple key frames. So it seems not possible. Shame, but can't have everything.

Hi Mike,

Actually, there is an undocumented feature you might want to experiment with. This feature will be documented in the next version of PTE, but for now it is still "experimental" in nature.

While in the Objects and Animations screen, hold down the Ctrl Key and Press "E". You can then move all keyframes to the right by typing in a positive number and to the left by putting a "minus" sign and a number. You can also move them by using the up and down arrows. You can't select individual keyframes to move - this undocumented feature works only on all keyframes together, but it might help you.

Best regards,

Lin

If I understand correctly, there's no way of moving all timeframes at once (so not scaling them, but taking say 4 seconds of all of them). Not a big problem, as there aren't so many that I can't just do each one separately. But thought I should check first.

EDIT: I think I've found treads from last year about this, and selecting multiple key frames. So it seems not possible. Shame, but can't have everything.

Hi Mike,

The ability to move multiple keyframes together is effectively absent today in PTE.

In France many authors of artistic slideshows that use lots of objects on one slide feel frustrated by this lack. Have a look at this slideshow of Charlie and imagine the work and time he devoted to the synchronization of all these pictures and videos. Dumoutiers Stompers

I recently developed a software named OAK, which allows to see all the keyframes of all objects of a slide together and move them as you want after selecting them, they are on the same object or on different objects.

This software is a freeware. You like Lin have probably not noticed the announcement I made a few days ago. It's here

Additional link here:

http://www.picturest...h__1#entry95740

Hoping to be useful in solving your problems

Regards

Jean-Claude

Hi Jean-Claude,

Sorry, I did miss your post and that's a great program which will be "very" helpful.

I couldn't get your link to work - so I looked up your post and edited your post to link to it.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Mike,

The ability to move multiple keyframes together is effectively absent today in PTE.

In France many authors of artistic slideshows that use lots of objects on one slide feel frustrated by this lack. Have a look at this slideshow of Charlie and imagine the work and time he devoted to the synchronization of all these pictures and videos. Dumoutiers Stompers

I recently developed a software named OAK, which allows to see all the keyframes of all objects of a slide together and move them as you want after selecting them, they are on the same object or on different objects.

This software is a freeware. You like Lin have probably not noticed the announcement I made a few days ago. It's here

Additional link here:

http://www.picturest...h__1#entry95740

Hoping to be useful in solving your problems

Regards

Jean-Claude

Hi Jean-Claude

I remember applauding Charlie in the original posting of this slideshow, in my humble opinion still an absolute masterpiece.

Oak is working well for me, thanks again

ralph

Thanks Lin and Jean-Claude!

Two great solutions....... very nice. @Lin that CTRL + E thing is really cool. Never would have found that!

Nice to see I'm looking for answers to things others have encountered. @Jean-Claude that program looks very cool.

I put my efforts so far, based on theDoms template, on youtube...... 'what a beginner can do who can't stop playing with PTE for 2 days!'

http://youtu.be/cCf6ZaKmFpw

(I'm not a photographer, and this is text based. Of course, eventually the plan is to make more use of images. The final version of this will be used for the online promotion of a business)