WnSoft Forums

So glad I upgraded to version 7!!

isabel95

I hadn't used PTE in a long time, but quickly threw together a program with some low res pictures from a 5 megapixel digicam. I didn't expect the outcome to look so good...and to be posted online so quickly.

Decided that since I didn't want to look at version 5.6's defunct Vimeo upload option, I would upgrade to the latest version.

I'm sure glad I did!

Also tried (from version 5.6) YouTube upload and that went flawlessly too.

I find creating an AVI file extremely confusing, with all the codec options, so I haven't been too successful with that - maybe the user guide for version 7 will explain that.

Isabel

Hi Isabel,

Actually, there are very few reasons to use an AVI for your shows any longer. It can definitely be confusing because some codecs are fairly "common" and some are not and one is never sure whether the system the file will be played on has the proper codec installed.

By using the "Publish" feature and choosing "HD Video for PC and Mac" you can create an MP4 h.264 which will be acceptable to virtually all users whether MacIntosh or Window based. You have the choice of file size and can create anything from a small dimension show to full HD (high definition) such as 1080P (1920x1080 pixels).

I would recommend using this feature rather than creating an AVI. The quality is excellent and it's pretty much an automated process.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks, Lin.

I pretty much came to the same conclusion.

Isabel

Hi Isabel,

Actually, there are very few reasons to use an AVI for your shows any longer. It can definitely be confusing because some codecs are fairly "common" and some are not and one is never sure whether the system the file will be played on has the proper codec installed.

By using the "Publish" feature and choosing "HD Video for PC and Mac" you can create an MP4 h.264 which will be acceptable to virtually all users whether MacIntosh or Window based. You have the choice of file size and can create anything from a small dimension show to full HD (high definition) such as 1080P (1920x1080 pixels).

I would recommend using this feature rather than creating an AVI. The quality is excellent and it's pretty much an automated process.

Best regards,

Lin