WnSoft Forums

Upper Teesdale waterfalls

fh1805

Peter,

It would seem that using the converter to purely trim a clip has its advantages.

In the Options > Properties method of clipping it was mentioned a long time ago that the trimmed Duration Time has to be manually transferred to the Slide Duration Time.

I have stated elsewhere several times that I have asked Igor if the trimmed time (Duration) could be automatically reflected in the Slide Duration Time.

I have also stated elsewhere several times that up to now I don't think that Igor has replied to that suggestion(?).

However, given the limitations, I can still see an advantage for the Options > Properties method in that it acts like a "SMART" Edit. In other words, if the trim is not suitable first time, you can go back and adjust either the start or end slider to a different value without having to adjust both. Once again the Slide Duration would need to be adjusted to the new value.

Igor - if you are listening - the Trimmed Time for a video clip in Options > Properties needs to be reflected in the Slide Time (when KFSD is Ticked).

DG

PDF Tutorial from way, way back:

Dave,

Sorry, I completely overlooked that reply of yours. In mitigation, I would say only that this was such a busy topic yesterday that I was struggling to do the work and keep up with the dialogues. I have had another look at both versions of the sequence (cut mode and fade mode) and I do not see any obvious pixellation in either of them on my system.

Peter

OK Peter,

If that is the case then we have a situation where videos are pixilating on some systems and not on others?

I have my Laptop and my Desktop machines both showing pixellation on the same videos.

Unless I have a version that I can do a screen print I can't show you what I am seeing.

I have been out this afternoon shooting a little video with my wife's compact so that I can experiment to see if I can deliberately cause pixellation in any way during a conversion or trimming.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Dave,

I'm uploading the originls of those two videos to Dropbox so that you can check what the original looks like on your monitors. I'll send you the links via PM once Dropbox has got them.

Peter

Peter

The videos on the original post were in a black box on my 1920x1080 monitor.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

The videos on the original post were in a black box on my 1920x1080 monitor.

That's because the camera takes 1280x720 maximum and I didn't want the images "upsizing" to full HD. I gave all that info in my very first post. But, of course, nobody bothers to read the important bits, do they?

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Peter

I read that, mine are sized the same but fill the screen. did you set the the aspect ratio to 16-9 in the main tab & 1920x1080 in the screen size tab.?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-86704200-1337716487_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-65999300-1337716530_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Peter

Just checked some of my early editing attempts & found a couple that were exhibiting the same characteristics as yours (black frame). FWIW, the details are in the attached screen shots.

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-09539900-1337758832_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-89713900-1337758864_thumb.jp

Eric,

Thank you for your continued apparent concern over the black frame. I know it is there. I want it to be there. It is what happens when I tick the "Fixed size of slide (in pixels)" and my images are smaller than the resolution of my monitor. It prevents the images being degraded by interpolation (prevents "up-sizing"). If I had left that box unticked, the video would have filled the entire monitor area (1920x1080) and would have had over 55% of the pixels generated by the software, rather than being the original pixels that I captured. That would have produced an image which was severely degraded in quality. As far as I am concerned, interpolation is something to be avoided at all costs.

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

I have just checked the WIP show the above screen shots come from, unticked the "fix size of slide" box & the videos remain the same when played, in a black box??? :blink:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

In your post #33 above: you show Project Options...Screen as having "Size of slide" set to 1920x1080. I have "Size of slide" set to 1280x720. What happens if you change your value to 1280x720?

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

Nothing changes. I shut the programme down before taking the screen shot to make sure. Are you positive your camera was set a 1280x720 & you had'nt tried to reduce the size in one of the editors? If you have your original from the camera I would check again.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

PS just tried again with the FSOSIP box unticked, same result.

post-5560-0-48373800-1337776844_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-62484500-1337776881_thumb.jp

Eric,

I do not know why your system behaves differently to mine. For info I have attached three screen grabs showing the Project Options and the File Info for the first video clip. Could the fact that I have no orthodox "slides" be relevant? All I have are two PTE-generated blanks and four video slides - no stills at all.

Peter

post-4886-0-41864300-1337779862_thumb.jp post-4886-0-09865600-1337779873_thumb.jp post-4886-0-66776800-1337779883_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

How did you generate your third screen shot? It shows an AVI with an MPEG4 codec?

Clutching at straws now, when you first created the show did you change the AR in the new project screen, see ss.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-17407300-1337786117_thumb.jp

Eric,

All three screen grabs were generated using Win 7's Snipping Tool. But I don't think that's what you meant. I think you meant: How did I get that pop-up window of information in the third screen shot? I right clicked on the video clip file and selected "File Info". As I understand it: AVI is the container type; MPEG4 is the codec used to encode the video frames within that container type. The D300s captures video in an AVI container and uses MJPEG codec to do so. PTE's Video Converter (at default settings) takes that data and writes it out into another AVI container using MPEG4 codec.

No, I didn't set the AR via that pop-up window. I very rarely start a new project. I almost always open an existing project that has the right or nearly right attributes, then delete all its contents, adjust any options and drop in the images and the sound. That's what I did for this sequence. I took a 16:9 existing project, emptied it, set the Slide size to 1280x720 to match the video clips and went from there.

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

Just as a matter of interest for me, I checked out the file info of two of the clips I've been using as screen shots. one shows full screen, one in a black box. SS below.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-14361000-1337803887_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-50996700-1337803907_thumb.jp