WnSoft Forums

DVD-Video disc - no menu, automatically plays

fh1805

Two related questions:

Is it possible, in PTE, to produce a DVD-Video disc that has no menu and which begins playing as soon as the disc in inserted into the DVD player with no further operator intervention?

Can this DVD video be made to play in a continuous loop mode?

regards,

Peter

PETER

GOOGLE GAVE ME THIS

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=473859

http://www.ehow.com/how_5035405_make-dvd-play-continuously.html

think i used to make them by using the pte codec -[custom]- Igors first instruction on how to make a video before the video builder, early ver 5

leaving pte open and importing the temp avi to a 3rd party software

ken

Hi Peter,

I can answer the first part of your question... Just "uncheck" the default "create menu" and the DVD will be created without a menu. As for "looping" the thing which makes a DVD play automatically (on a computer) is the "autorun.inf" file and whether it works at all depends on the settings on the individual computer. Televisions have different provisions and I'm not certain whether or not it would be possible to "loop" a show. Some one with more experience in creating DVD's will have to address that for you.

It seems to me, however, if it's a "slideshow" and it's not too long, you could just copy and paste all the slides multiple times to "repeat" it as many times as the 4.7 gig disc would hold?

Best regards,

Lin

PETER THIS IS FROM 4.49

How to create DVD-Video disc

Using PicturesToExe you are able to produce AVI video file which can be easily burned as DVD-Video disc with help of any special software (read below). Even it is possible to create SVCD disc on usual CD-R disc with high quality of image and sound (almost as DVD-Video). PicturesToExe provides fast and lossless transferring of video and audio for converting into DVD-Video format. This allows to keep excellent quality of your presentations and very smooth transition effects.

Advice: please create usual EXE files for playing of presentations on PC, and DVD-Video disc if you want to play your presentations on DVD players connected to TV.

1) Preparing of AVI file file in PicturesToExe:

• Start PicturesToExe; open your project; and then call AVI video output dialog ("AVI button in the main window of PicturesToExe").
  • Choose "NTSC" TV system, if you live in United States, Canada, Japan, Taiwan or South Korea.
    Choose "PAL/SECAM" TV system you live in Europe, Australia, Africa, or in any other country.
  • Select "DVD-Video disc", if you have DVD-Writer or "SVCD disc" if you have usual CD-R/RW drive.
  • "Interlaced for TV" option is highly recommended to get excellent quality and smoothness of transitions on TV.
  • You can click "Preview" button to immediately see the resulting presentation playing as video file.
    In this mode, please ignore that transitions may be shown not so smooth. But on burned DVD-Video disc all transition effects will play excellent as in usual EXE file.
    Also we recommend to make sure that text fonts are enough large to be readable on the screen of TV.
  • Now click the "Create AVI file" button and PicturesToExe will produce video file within 10-30 seconds.
    Important note: Please don't click "Finish" button until you didn't fully burn the DVD-Video disc.

2) Converting and burning AVI video file into DVD-Video disc:

• PicturesToExe can not burn DVD-Video, so you need to make use of any special software which can convert produced AVI video file into DVD-Video format and burn the disc.
  • We recommend you to use Ulead DVD MovieFactory2 http://www.ulead.com/store/dmf/runme.htm which can do it. Also you will able to make simple DVD menu.
    (In this program, please don't forget to choose NTSC or PAL/SECAM in the Preferences window. To call this window, press F6 key).
  • Please click the "Finish" button in PicturesToExe when the disc will be fully written.
    (Temporary AVI video file will be automatically deleted, because it is intended only for converting into DVD-Video format.)
  • Enjoy with your recorded DVD-Video or SVCD discs!

Advice: SVCD on usual CD-R disc gives almost DVD video quality

Even if you don't have DVD writer, you can burn SVCD on usual CD-R disc via CD-R/RW writer with almost DVD quality! So it better never create VCD video which will looks very blurred and shows terrible transition effects.

And DVD or SVCD will make maximally possible (for TV) details and smoothness of transation effects in your presentations.

SVCD video disc can be played on any PC with CD-ROM or DVD-ROM and software for playing of DVD video disc. Or on most of stationary DVD players connected to TV.

Note: Advanced users can use "Create custom AVI video file" option for various purposes. This allows to produce AVI video file with necessary audio and video codecs (MPEG4, MJPEG, etc).

This is all associated with the sequence about, and for, Killhope Lead Mining Museum. They would like the DVD playback to begin as soon as the disc is loaded into the DVD player. And they would also like, if possible, for the video to loop back and start all over again. My own "gut feeling" is that the first should be possible but the second is probably not going to be achievable. Finally, it is quite feasible that any testing I do using my Blu-ray player will not be representative enough of their ageing DVD player and TV.

@Lin and Ken,

Having read your responses, I realise that I need to clarify my questions.

Is it possible, in PTE, to produce a DVD-Video disc that has no menu and which begins playing,with no further operator intervention, as soon as the disc in inserted into a DVD player which is connected to a TV set?

Can this DVD video be made to play in a continuous loop mode in a DVD player connected to a TV set?

@Lin,

Thanks for alerting me to the Create menu tick box. I had not spotted that lurking next to the Project Options button.

@Ken,

Thanks for digging out the v4.4x info. That's useful background for me.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Making a DVD disc with no menu should allow the DVD to autoplay when used for TV/DVD. The autoplay on PC/DVD is another issue that may be controlled by the OS settings.

You can get the DVD disc to loop at the end by using the VideoBuilder-Project Options by enabling the Repeat Playback of Disc checkbox.

Here's the update I promised...

Unticking the "Create Menu" box in Video-Builder, when combined with ticking the "Repeat Playback of Disc" option in the Video-Builder Project Options, results in the DVD-Video launching straight into play when the DVD is inserted into the player and then automatically starting over again after it finishes playing. Brilliant! Thanks for the guidance, Lin & Stu.

Peter