WnSoft Forums

The Wireframes Thread

davegee

Whilst "Wireframes" are not AVs in the accepted sense, there has been a little interest lately.

Can I suggest that anyone with a "wireframe" that they want to share post it in this thread?

I'll kick it off with "Wheels Within Wheels". Three Spheres - a blue one inside a green one inside a red one - all moving in different directions.

Three Looping Slides repeated. Use the left and right arrows to move forward and back - escape to abort.

It will give us something to occupy us until August 1.

DG

Wheels Within Wheel.zip

LOL, you "knew" this was coming:

O.K. - the 4th of July was our national "independence" day - so forgive the national flag flying at the top.... The "eagle" is our national symbol of freedom, courage, etc., but if Benjamin Franklin had his way it would have been a wild "turkey." Somehow - not quite the same - HA.

This is a "spoof" on the mighty bald eagle - I call it "Fly, Fly very fast, the cats are coming"... As with your neat wire frame construction - press ESC to leave the continuous loop. All in fun!

http://www.lin-evans...inwireframe.zip

(about 3 meg)

http://www.lin-evans...ireframemac.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Well these wire frames are well beyond me and I'm not even going to try and understand how it's done but why are the wire straps infinitely thin so they disappear when when they come end on. Can't you make them have a circular cross section - is that another challenge?

Mick,

That is the problem!!

Our hobby and our software is 2 dimensional and we are trying to simulate 3 dimensionality with the tools that Igor has supplied.

If we could give an image or an object "depth" then we would not need all of the trickery that has gone into some of these demonstrations / illusions.

Imagine a PIPE which has first four sides along its length - like a square drainpipe. Then imagine 4, 8, 16 etc sides and keep going until the pipe is a round pipe.

We could "tear" an image into 4 strips and put one on each face of the square pipe. We could do the same with the pipes with 8, 16 etc faces but to be able to wrap the image around a round pipe we would need an infinite number of impossibly thin strips to create the illusion of an image wrapped around a pipe.

With a sphere it is even worse because from North Pole to South Pole the strip required is pointed at each end and has width at the equator. Even then it could not be wrapped around the sphere from North to South.

DG

• 3 weeks later...