WnSoft Forums

See-through permanent border ?

paul alford

Hi Paul,

I accidentally deleted your question - but the answer is below I think.... I'll paraphrase your question here... you wanted to know if there was a way to keep an image of a cell phone still and unchanged except for the screen which would be represented via a PNG transparency with the screen of the cell phone acting as a "window" through which you would see your slideshow running. The cell phone would not be affected by transitions, etc.

I apologize for deleting your original question - I hit the wrong key for my reply. It's one of the problems with moderator privileges when we are not super careful or tired - or all the above!!

Hi Paul,

I think you mean you want an "image" (rather than jpg) to stay put. The easiest way to approach this is to have a single slide with the telephone png file and run your slideshow as a video (use PTE to create the slideshow and output as a video) running inside the parameters of the cell phone screen. Set the display time for the single slide to the run time of the video.

You can add a second slide at the end and/or a first slide to transition to the show if you like. This should give you the result you describe.

Best regards,

Lin

run your slideshow as a video (use PTE to create the slideshow and output as a video) running inside the parameters of the cell phone screen.

Why go to the trouble of creating a video & having a slightly reduced quality?

Just make the show of the cell phone screen & then have a png image of the actual phone & add this to each image as an extra object.

Simply add to the first & then copy & paste to each 'slide' in the sequence.

This will overlay each image & as the same it will appear as though only the cell phone screen is changing.

Ok if you have a lot of slides it will take a while to add to each image, but it does mean you can create an exe & keep the highest quality.

Jill

Hi Jill,

As I said, the "easiest" way to do it is with a video. It could also be done as you describe, but the "quality" isn't really all that different depending on the type of video you create and the resolution and type of display device your audience is using to play back. Up to 1080p a video done using an AVI output and the Xvid codec is virtually identical to an executable and has the advantage of being easily amenable with an HD Television. Of course if it is a large slideshow with numerous slides, the video will make the overall size of the show for download purposes much larger which can be problematic. Even complex animations are butter smooth with the Xvid codec and the IQ at the approximate two megapixel resolution size is quite equal to an executable.

The other issue you will have with the executable and multiple slide concept is if you use 3D transitions. The cell phone will not remain on screen in a static manner as the slides are changed, but will come and go with the rest of the image. If you use simple fades or transitions which do not interrupt the entire screen, then indeed it will appear as if the phone remains static and only the phone's screen display changes.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin and Jill. I failed to mention this final was to convert to Flash and show on my website...and I have created it since I posted this. The cell pic (with hole in it) does rotate and move with the transitions and its not that bad, kinda cool even. But I would love to know if there is a way to make it stay put (and other uses of this). Here is a link to the webpage that I put it on so you can see it. My link

I created it in PTE, published as HD Mp4, then converted to Flash show (fla) and inserted into my webpage.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Just make the slideshow as a video without the cell phone, add the cell phone as a single slide, set the time of the slide equal to the time of the video, run the video inside the cell phone window and save the whole thing as another video to convert to Flash... All the transitions, etc., will stay inside the window of the cell phone.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin and Jill. I failed to mention this final was to convert to Flash and show on my website...and I have created it since I posted this. The cell pic (with hole in it) does rotate and move with the transitions and its not that bad, kinda cool even. But I would love to know if there is a way to make it stay put (and other uses of this). Here is a link to the webpage that I put it on so you can see it. My link

I created it in PTE, published as HD Mp4, then converted to Flash show (fla) and inserted into my webpage.

Paul