WnSoft Forums

New bug with 7.07

jeanhum

Hello

I just installed 7.07 to upgrade 7.06.

Problem is as follow:

When I add a slide by grabbing it from the file list, the slide name (file name) is correctly displayed after the slide number.

exemple: 23.DSC00211 for slide 23

Now, moving to O&A, I place a frame before the slide and set the slide as a child of the frame.(CTRL-X CTRL-V)

Consequently, in the slide list, the slide name disapeared and I got in the exemple 23.--

I downgraded PTE to 7.06 and corrected PTE text file to show 7.06 and slides names are now correctly displayed.

Jean

Jean,

I think you must have done something more as I do not see that problem when I follow your steps. The only way I can create that symptom in the Slide List is by also unticking "Main object of slide" in the O&A Properties tab for the real image.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

I checked that main objet of slide box was correctly ticked.

Problem occurs with one french project created with 7.06 and when leaving O&A screen for main screen.

Note that in O&A screen, the slide name is always correct, even if I change the name.

I just re-installed 7.07 and created a new (english test) project.

It is a little bit different: After leaving O&A screen, the slide is labelled:

23.Blank

Now, if I change language from english to french, I get

23.--

Jean

The difference between 23.Blank (English) and 23.- (French) is because that is how the French translator has chosen to show it. The reason that the slide name does not appear is because a Frame is not an image file. It has no "file name". You can give that slide a name by going into Customize Slide (Configurer la vue) and changing the Slide Name (Nom de la vue).

You should be able to remove the duplicate post yourself. Just tick the little box over at the right hand side of one of the duplicates and then click the "Delete" for that post.

regards,

Peter

I just re-installed 7.07 and created a new (english test) project.

It is a little bit different: After leaving O&A screen, the slide is labelled:

23.Blank

Now, if I change language from english to french, I get

23.--

This difference is normal. After extensive discussions on the two French forums about how to translate "Blank", I'm sure that you remember, I have decided to call this slide "--"

Cette différence entre les deux langues est normale. En effet, après de longues discussions sur les deux forums français sur la façon de traduire "Blank" (je suis sûr que tu t'en souviens), j'ai finalement décidé d’appeler cette vue "--".

This difference is normal. After extensive discussions on the two French forums about how to translate "Blank", I'm sure that you remember, I have decided to call this slide "--"

Cette différence entre les deux langues est normale. En effet, après de longues discussions sur les deux forums français sur la façon de traduire "Blank" (je suis sûr que tu t'en souviens), j'ai finalement décidé d’appeler cette vue "--".

OK, I understand that but it is not the point.

I downloaded and installed once more PTE 7.07 with no change.

The simplest way to get the problem:

1-add a new slide from file list

2-select it from slide list and open O&A application

3-add one frame

4-place the slide as a child of that frame. To do that, I delete and copy the slide with CTRL-X and then paste it to the frame with CTRL-V

5-return to main screen: the slide name is lost!

Jean

Jean,

See my previous post:

The reason that the slide name does not appear is because a Frame is not an image file. It has no "file name". You can give that slide a name by going into Customize Slide (Configurer la vue) and changing the Slide Name (Nom de la vue).

regards,

Peter

Following the actions described by Jean, a slide that has been named after its main image (during creation) changes its name into "Blank", the original name is lost, and you have to reinstall it manually. This is different from the behavior of version 6.5.

Regards,

Xaver

Following the actions described by Jean, a slide that has been named after its main image (during creation) changes its name into "Blank", the original name is lost, and you have to reinstall it manually. This is different from the behavior of version 6.5.

Regards,

Xaver

Yes Xaver and different also from version 7.06

I would like to keep the same behaviour as in version 7.06

If you do not change the image (slide) name, it should keep its name (i.e. the file name in my example)

In O&A screen, the image name is always correct and is ticked as main object of slide.

It appears that in version 7.07, the slide is automatically renamed as blank (in the slide list) when leaving O&A screen

As all my images are placed as a child of a frame, this bug is very critical for me.

Jean