WnSoft Forums

Problems with certain MP4 video files in PTE

johnstonf

Personally, I find Peter's comments useful. Just sayin'.

I use Sony Vegas as my video editor. Highly recommended. It accepts most formats for editing, and you can render your project in many many formats. I just rendered a 1920x1080 AVCHD project as Sony-labeled MP4 at 1280x720p. It played on PTE 7.0 without a hitch, both in preview and as a executable. This is on a vanilla HP Slimline a couple of years old.

Chuck B

Peter,

Please keep your comments to helping with the problem, as other

are doing (thanks to all!, i really am valuing and learning a lot from

your (non Peter) posts.

The programmers, and company, I'm sure, are most able to

think and speak for themselves.

Fred

Fred,

Well said.

Re Peter’s post. The word ‘Probably’, surrounded by waffle.

If only there was a mod filter. I would keep Lin, Ken and Tom.

Just name it PTE8.0 Pro. Might cost more,but surely worth it. :)

Davy

Guest Yachtsman1

Perhaps, because the camera does not have an option for MP4? My Nikon D300s doesn't.

Peter

Peter

I believe your Nikon was the first Nikon DSLR to support video. things have moved on since then.

Yachtsman1. :unsure:

There are several video profiles and levels which are specified by H264(MPEG4-AVC)standard, PTE supports some of them but not all of them

Igor continually tries to add support of additional video formats in PTE releases/builds. He does not usually specifically define each new format/profile he may support/add ... but the support process is ongoing. Please do not confuse new support of a video clip/format to fully encompass all its profiles. Also note, that support of a particular video format is not meaning it is going to become one of the optimal formats for use in PTE.

Users just need to test their particular video with each new release of PTE that notes in its release documents that there is more support of video formats.

PTE v7.5 Beta has such a note in its PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.5 Beta is available now ... Key Features list as shown below.

Better Support of Video Clips

• Smoother playback of video clips in Preview and in executable shows.

• More video formats are supported

* Adding support of a particular video format/profile also needs to take into account supporting its particular audio format.