WnSoft Forums

PteViewer.exe

JEB

Hi,

Can anybody enlighten me to an interesting discovery I have made while playing around with PTE on a MacBookPro using Parallels.

A little bit of background. I am trying to create a manually controlled slideshow that will enable me to, at any unknown in advance point, leave the show and go to the desktop to activate some other media i.e. MP4, Powerpoint etc and then return to PTE at the point I left. I can't find any way of doing this by "Publishing a Show", however, if I invoke "Preview" I get the usual window which I can size to almost fill the screen but also an icon like a PTE.exe icon in the Dock which when clicked returns me to the point I was at when I minimised the "Preview" with the orange button. Also the main PTE Interface is removed from the desktop. The end result is "relatively" slick and workable but by no means ideal.

I was not able to capture the label associated with the above icon but it reads "PteViewer.exe". I have not noticed this anywhere else before. Any ideas?

post-2441-0-17564200-1346797589_thumb.jp

John

Hi John,

If you know in advance which program(s) you wish to run, you can assign any to either a visible or invisible button or other object. Simply do all the programming on one slide then copy and paste the button(s) to each slide in a known position. You can assign an "action" on mouse click to these buttons or objects to run any program on your system. When that program is closed, PTE will return to the point in the slideshow where is was when you clicked on the area where the invisible button or object (rectangle, frame, etc.) is located. You "could," for example, assign an invisible button at all four corners of your images then say click the upper right to run Powerpoint, the lower right to run Word, the upper left to run Audacity, the lower left to run Media Player, etc.

This is done by using the "Common Tab" in the Objects and Animations Screen "Action on Mouse Click." Choose "Run Application or Open File." Of course you can only do this from an executable slideshow and not from a video....

Best regards,

Lin

John,

The blue and silver icon is your sequence under Preview (remember, Preview builds a temporary exe file and then runs that). The hummingbird icon is the PTE development window from which you launched the Preview. I have no idea what the third icon is (the one that you marked with two large red bars).

By visual inspection of the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\WnSoft PicturesToExe\7.0\Main I get the impression that the PTEViewer5.exe may be a variant of the PCExecutable.exe (they share a common icon). Perhaps it is the native Mac equivalent? We will need Igor (or perhaps Tom) to give us a definitive answer.

Peter

Lin,

Thank you.

Invisible!

]Why didn't I think of that? .............. Don't answer that or we could fall out!

Peter,

Sounds plausible, But who am I to argue? Don't you answer that either.

The icon with the red bars is the Parallels Desktop icon. Once you graduate to MAC you will know all about it!!

The rest is academic for the moment as Lin has enlightened me to a procedure that will solve this issue on this occasion.

Thank you both,

John