WnSoft Forums

Anybody Seen Her?

Lin Evans

I made a little short video fun show for a friend who has been conspicuous by her absence for some time due to illness and personal issues. The show has meaning only to her, but I posted it because of the technique used which demonstrates some of the potential PTE has for doing some innovative things with video.

Specifically, in part of the show I'm running two videos simultaneously, one inside a mask running over the other. Both videos are synchronized in terms of size and placement with special effects created in other software on each. The image which was chosen for the two videos is running in slide one and slide two (there are only two slides) is not one of my photos, but had the proper significance and meaning for the recipient. I "could" have manipulated it to improve the effect, but chose to leave it as the photographer had shot it. The rising vapor and rain are effects I added and are contained in separate videos. In all there are three videos running on a single slide plus a single still, some text, etc., and a single video on slide two.

I though it might give some of our readers ideas to create other shows using some of the neat features of PTE's video. The "audio" track was treated as Igor explained by muting it then adding the video as an audio track. It syncs perfectly. The entire assembly was then output as a 1280x720 MP4. Interestingly, the video output by PTE using the MP4 defaults was only 53 meg while the executable was 81 meg. I only posted the video version because it's very clean and equal on all my systems to the executable version.

http://www.lin-evans...yzeenhermp4.zip (zipped mp4 of about 53.5 meg download size)

Lin

Very good Lin. Not just the technical skill, but the symbolic content. Personal pain at some level I'm sure.

I have been using PTE more and more as my almost-sole presentation software for short video. Frequently I am mixing my preferred still images with video of the same event experiences. I've posted very little because they are typically audience specific for participants and don't necessarily "showcase" PTE skill. In a way, PTE has made me "lazy", in that I seldom do any video editing beyond what PTE does for me. I admit, I've had a couple of ideas of integrating video a little more creatively in my PTE presentations, and have thought - Why don't I ask Lin how to do it. :)

Thanks Robert,

Definitely video is becoming more prevalent and important in our photographic lives. It's fun trying to find new ways of creating realistic effects which can be used to tell a story. Anytime, If I can help - I'm available.

Best regards,

Lin