WnSoft Forums

More Menu Problems (Solved but don't ask me how)

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Ken

I have removed the LT Nvidia driver download & am in the process of re-installing it just in case.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

:( Still the same DT flashback. I'm brain dead now so I'll do a Mc Arthur & re-group, I may return. B)

Yachtsman1.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric,

I did test the new 7.5 beta on XP with Run Application.

Using a v7.5 menu and launching v7.5 slideshows (even Igor's Mole slideshow) did not exhibit any desktop/taskbar flashback. However ... when launching some older version slide shows the desktop/taskbar flashback still was evident.

So the new v7.5 graphic engine looks promising for launching future new slideshows ... without using Run Slideshow.

* Further tests are needed and especially for Win7.

* Tested with nVidia Graphics

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

I did test the new 7.5 beta on XP with Run Application.

Using a v7.5 menu and launching v7.5 slideshows (even Igor's Mole slideshow) did not exhibit any desktop/taskbar flashback. However ... when launching some older version slide shows the desktop/taskbar flashback still was evident.

So the new v7.5 graphic engine looks promising for launching future new slideshows ... without using Run Slideshow.

* Further tests are needed and especially for Win7.

* Tested with nVidia Graphics

This morning I went back to the original file on my PC. Deleted all reference to menu files & exes. I then set up a new PTE show with the same slides I copied from the last version as I was fed up repeating the same things.

I then edited Project Options to suit what I wanted. Made sure the 7 buttons for this show were set to Run Slideshow with Return & authorised to the correct exes re-made in 7.07. Then tried it from the PTE toaster, everything operated as normal, no desk top flash back.

However, the opening music was still playing when an exe finished.

So I went into the button slide in customise slide, ticked the run music box as Stu suggested, of course didn't add any music & tried again.

This time when an exe finished, the show went back to the slide before the button slide briefly and faded in to the button slide.

As the slide before the button slide had text on it, I copied the button slide without the buttons & added it before the button slide, so now when an exe finishes, the buttonless button slide appears briefly & fades into the button slide naturally , which is acceptable.

However, I believe 7.07 is a retrograde step, where 7.04 would accept exes from older versions & was less demanding on conformity.

Thanks Stu & others who contributed suggestions. I can sleep soundly tonight.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

This morning I went back to the original file on my PC. Deleted all reference to menu files & exes. I then set up a new PTE show with the same slides I copied from the last version as I was fed up repeating the same things.

I then edited Project Options to suit what I wanted. Made sure the 7 buttons for this show were set to Run Slideshow with Return & authorised to the correct exes re-made in 7.07. Then tried it from the PTE toaster, everything operated as normal, no desk top flash back.

However, the opening music was still playing when an exe finished.

So I went into the button slide in customise slide, ticked the run music box as Stu suggested, of course didn't add any music & tried again.

This time when an exe finished, the show went back to the slide before the button slide briefly and faded in to the button slide.

As the slide before the button slide had text on it, I copied the button slide without the buttons & added it before the button slide, so now when an exe finishes, the buttonless button slide appears briefly & fades into the button slide naturally , which is acceptable.

However, I believe 7.07 is a retrograde step, where 7.04 would accept exes from older versions & was less demanding on conformity.

Thanks Stu & others who contributed suggestions. I can sleep soundly tonight.

Yachtsman1.

Well, I was lulled into a false sense of security!!!

My Autumn presentation is next Tuesday, so I always assemble my hardware (LT, speakers, volume adjuster, electrics distribution & of course the projector). All the hardware worked fine, but when I tried to operate the PTE menu, there were all sorts of problems connected with returning to the button slide.

I am very disappointed that Igor has not commented on this problem with the current version PTE 7.07.

I know the team is going all out with the Beta versions of 7.5, but just going all out with that & ignoring the known complaints with the current version, is not on in my opinion. I know I am mixing PTE from other series shows on this version of the menu which is against current instructions, but if it worked in the past, why change it so that what could be done previously, now doesn't.

Giving a public show is a stressful event, even when there is nothing to worry about, not being able to use the software as previously used makes it doubly so.:(

Yachtsman1.