WnSoft Forums

Copying Recording from TV's Digital Rcorder to Computer.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

does the DVR HAVE

output jacks

does you graphics card have matching input jacks

if yes

years back my ati all in wonder cards had software with the package to do what you want

dvr has output jacks but graphic card does not have input jacks

then you need another dvr to record as a dvd from your dvr

for dedicated help

see

http://www.videohelp.com/

good luck -- it is very time consuming -- been there done that many times )

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

does the DVR HAVE

output jacks

does you graphics card have matching input jacks

if yes

years back my ati all in wonder cards had software with the package to do what you want

dvr has output jacks but graphic card does not have input jacks

then you need another dvr to record as a dvd from your dvr

for dedicated help

see

http://www.videohelp.com/

good luck -- it is very time consuming -- been there done that many times )

ken

Hi Ken

I was hoping to do it via the HDMI connections, EG play the recording to the TV from the DVR, connect the TV HDMI connection to the LT HDMI, but I suppose it couldn't be as easy as that. My DVR has the facility to record to either the HD or DVD disc, didn't think to set it to do that when I recorded the programme. It's only since I viewed the programme that I thought others here may want to see it as it concerns a documentary about the managing company where we live. It is on IPlayer on our channel 4 but we can't record from there. Guess I'll have to do some more delving or hope there's a repeat. Thanks for the links.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

You need something like this video capture card with HDMI input ... about $100

AVerMedia AVerTV HD DVR MTVHDDVRR PCI-Express x1 Interface

The AVerMedia MTVHDDVRR is a high definition / analog video capture card. Featuring the HDMI port, it can work with HDMI-enabled equipments

and capture HD video up to 1080i, and with the 10-in-1 dongle cable, it delivers broad compatibility with analog video devices equipped with

composite, s-video or component interface. You can also connect it to cable/satellite set-top-box, gaming console and HD video recorders to

capture your favorite video content on PC.

newegg link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100049&Tpk=MTVHDDVRR

If this is a one-time thing ... its not worth it of course. :D

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

You need something like this video capture card with HDMI input ... about $100

AVerMedia AVerTV HD DVR MTVHDDVRR PCI-Express x1 Interface

The AVerMedia MTVHDDVRR is a high definition / analog video capture card. Featuring the HDMI port, it can work with HDMI-enabled equipments

and capture HD video up to 1080i, and with the 10-in-1 dongle cable, it delivers broad compatibility with analog video devices equipped with

composite, s-video or component interface. You can also connect it to cable/satellite set-top-box, gaming console and HD video recorders to

capture your favorite video content on PC.

newegg link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100049&Tpk=MTVHDDVRR

If this is a one-time thing ... its not worth it of course. :D

True Stu.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric, my Magnavox DVR will record from it's HDD, to its DVD tray, does your machine not do the same thing?

All the best, Gayland

Hi Gayland

Afraid not, I tried that a few years ago after I bought it, thanks for trying. It's a Panasonic DMR-EX88EB :(

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Gayland

Afraid not, I tried that a few years ago after I bought it, thanks for trying. It's a Panasonic DMR-EX88EB :(

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Belay that Gayland, just sat down with the manual which is the most user unfriendly manual you could imagine. Page 56 says Copying Titles or Playlists. & shows the symbol HDD - DVD, so it looks like I can copy from HDD to DVD :unsure: Unfortunately I am recording the latest episode of CSI Miami, so I can't try it. Will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for stirring the gray matter Gayland.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :)

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Gayland :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: It works, thanks for the reminder. Incidentally, the recorder is three years old, so if anyone else is wanting to do the same, check your recorder's small print.

Kind Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.