WnSoft Forums

PTE Slide shows to Picasa web album

MaryFurness

I have made several slide shows on Pictures to Exe and have saved them as an 'exe' file.

They are fine for the computer screen and for projecting at the Camera Club.

I would like to put them on my Picasa Web album but the files do not even show up in the folder when I open Picasa.

How should I save them to get them to upload for Picasa Web albums.

Thanks

Mary

Guest Yachtsman1

Bit more info here, if you click the supported file link, there is a lot of info. As a suggestion, if you have the delux version of PTE, you could save your shows as MP4 files as it seems that format is acceptable. However, on the down side the file sizes will be much larger. Dropbox & Mediafire accept exe's, Mediafire up to 200+MB per exe.

Yachtsman1.

http://support.google.com/picasa/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=19496

Bit more info here, if you click the supported file link, there is a lot of info. As a suggestion, if you have the delux version of PTE, you could save your shows as MP4 files as it seems that format is acceptable. However, on the down side the file sizes will be much larger. Dropbox & Mediafire accept exe's, Mediafire up to 200+MB per exe.

Yachtsman1.

http://support.google.com/picasa/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=19496

Thanks everyone for your help. I checked out the Picasa site as suggested.

These are the files supported by Picasa as stated on their website

For general playback in Picasa:

.mpg, .mod, .mmv, .tod, .wmv, .asf, .avi, .divx, .mov, .m4v, .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .m2t, .m2ts, .mts, .mkv.

For several of these file types, the correct software is required for playback.

In PTE this morning I published ny slideshow using 'Creating HD video for PC and Mac. It saved it as mp4 file.

It was a success as it appeared in the Picasa folder and I was able to load to my Picasa web a;bum.

I will now try the different dpi presets and different quality setting to get a smallish file for my purposes.

Thanks for the help.

PS

What type files do other PTE users publish in for web sites

Guest Yachtsman1

Dropbox Mediafire & Beechbrook accept Exe files, Youtube accept a number of formats, I use MP4 for Youtube but the presentation is degraded, the transitions do not come out as what you have programmed in in PTE. The PTE exe is the only way to maintain the quality of the original show.

Yachtsman1.

What type files do other PTE users publish in for web sites

It's not quite clear what you are thinking of: Upload and download of files (like dropbox or Mediafire), or streaming videos (like YouTube)? In the first case, you may use exe-files, in the second case you can only use video formats.

Regards,

Xaver

Thanks for all the help. I have made an mp4 file and I can load it to a picasa web album but it is huge 102,347kb

What a fool I am!!! I have just found this.

I have attached the picasa video requirements.

I think this means thet it converts the file so presumably it does not matter how big the file is that I upload.

Is that how you read it?

Thanks

Mary

post-7531-0-97249900-1350001569_thumb.jp