WnSoft Forums

TRANSPARENT TO SELECTION

JEB

Hi,

I don't know how others use this facility but I use it fairly frequently and find that if I don't remember to activate it as I add objects I can get into all sorts of trouble when later selecting an object in the image frame rather than the list. For me it would be great if this could be selected by de-fault. What do others think?

John

Hi,

Once again I'm impressed, both by Igor and by the fact that there are people out there like yourself on top of the game !

Thanks

John

PS I'll need to post another request that has been aggravating me in much the same way as this once did!

Hi,

At this point in time it would appear that the facility has not been activated (Beta 10), as though, the option to select is present it does not function.

Certainly not as far as I can see.

Great to see that it is on the cards though.

John

John,

I'm assuming that you are talking about "Ignore objects not selected"?

It works for me in Beta 10.

Overlay two images and make the top one s,aller than the background one.

Select the Background image in the Object Pane. Click somewhere within the foreground image and drag. The Background image should move leaving the Foreground image as it was.

That's how I expect this feature to work?

DG

Hi Dave,

Your'e quite right, it is working.

I don't know what I did or more likely didn't do the other day when I tried it but it is working just as I guess it should be.

I am assuming that once this system option is selected it stays active till removed.

Cheers

John

I am assuming that once this system option is selected it stays active till removed.

John,

That's right. The Settings | Preferences are system-wide settings that apply every time you start PTE irrespective of which project you open. The Project Options are the values that can be set on a project by project basis.

regards,

Peter

P.S. Will I see you on Saturday at Snods Edge?