WnSoft Forums

Duplicate File Names in Backup to Zip

JEB

Hi,

Unless you are very well organised with your preparation for building sequences it can become troublesome when creating a Back Up to Zip folder. I refer to duplicate file names.

I'm afraid that I am often guilty of this as I get ideas and head off in different directions pulling in images and objects from all over the place. My basic filing of original files is good (I use Aperture) but when I pull copies into my working folder structure (which eventually gets deleted) things can get out of hand. My way of working is that when researching an idea I copy images that I think I may need into this area (it is also structured with folders) so I have virtually every likely area covered. I then perform any Photoshop work from there. At various stages mainly towards the end of the project I consolidate by creating a B/U to ZIP.

Occasionally I find that I have a file with the same name in two separate locations. PTE tells me that and that is a great help and totally necessary. However it does NOT tell me in which slides these objects are. When I am working on a sequence with in excess of 100 slides many with multiple objects it becomes difficult to locate the offending files to rename them.

Would it be possible for PTE to also list this information, after all it clearly has the data.

I know that many years ago somebody produced a program that could provide this data plus much more but for me that was OTT and an additional process.

Cheers

John

As well as saying which slide the duplicates are it would be great if PTE could allow us to choose which folder to select the duplicate slide from.

I have a sequence which has many duplicates from 2 or 3 different folders. (two of us were working on the sequence at once & sending each other the backup folders. The final sequence was then put together by copying selected slides from each into a final version.)

There are far too many duplicates to go through and change them manually so I have never been able to do a backup of the completed sequence. If PTE could highlight each duplicate & allow the choice of folder that would be a great help.

Jill