WnSoft Forums

Last 2 seconds of videos cut off

vapidfire68

I'm having trouble integrating videos into my project. I can add them as slides just fine and they play beautifully but the last couple seconds of every video gets cut off. I thought maybe it was the slide transition, so I changed my video slide and the slide after to have instantanious "quick" transition - no help though. The videos play correctly in all other video players I have so I do not suspect the videos themselves. Generally the videos are wmv files.

I found I've had to add a few seconds of black on the end of all my videos so that the slides play them correctly.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there an easier way around it?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Rob,

What exactly do you mean by "gets cut off"? Have you got a consistent set of numbers for the video slide duration and the next transition duration vis-a-vis the video length?

The video duration needs to be equal or greater than the slide duration plus the transition time into the next slide. For example: You have a slide that you want to run video for 6 seconds and the transition time into the next slide is set for 2 seconds. Your video clip needs to be greater than 8 seconds in duration. If it isn't, the last frame will just sit there on the screen until the end of the next transition.

Also, which exact version of PTE are you using. (Help > About PicturesToExe). If you are not using v7.0.7 consider upgrading. There were several video related bug fixes applied to the "dot releases" of v7.0.

regards,

Peter

Hi Rob,

If you could post a link to one of the videos, perhaps some of us can sort out the problem. I'm assuming that the actual time allotted to the video is correct. The possibility exists that since PTE may have something else going on "after" the video where programs which only play this video and have nothing else going on may make absolute time of play an issue. Not knowing exactly how pte interprets the time of a video, it could be that if you just increase the time for the video by a couple seconds it will finish playing correctly. What happens if you let PTE "convert" these videos? Do they then play correctly? What happens if you open PTE and only place the video in and do a preview with no slides before or after. Does it play correctly all the way through? It certainly sounds like a timing issue. See what PTE thinks is the total time for the video versus what other players report.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for your replies. Looking closely in the properties window for the video in PictToExe, it says the movie is 2:24 in length, but in Windows, the properties panel says its 2 seconds longer (picture enclosed).

Where does PictToExe read it's length information? If I'm the only one having this problem, perhaps there is a subtle meta-data problem in my movie files. I use Sony Vegas 11 to create them.

post-11851-0-91263800-1350239376_thumb.p

davegee: I did your exact procedure.....and it works! Video plays correctly.

FYI: I had to check the Keep full slide duration button, which was not previously checked. Going back to my original project, things are now working when I make sure to set the transition on the following slide to "quick". Videos play to completion.

Thanks so much for all the help everyone!

In the test project I dragged in some stock video. Those videos work fine. I drag in my videos and they have the problem.

I think PictToExe doesn't like the files I'm creating with Sony Vegas. Here is an example file I created that exhibits the problem. Using the converter on this file (default settings - didn't touch anything) creates a converted file that also exhibits the problem.

Any insight into how I can create files that PictToExe likes?

Countdown.wmv

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Rob

I've used around 30 video clips in my PTE show this year, I use version 7.07. I use the camera's setting to create MP4. I couldn't open your clip, but that doesn't mean anything may just be my ineptitude. When I introduce my clips into PTE, I use PTE's converter (which I have asked to be re-named to editor) I then check what size PTE has converted my clip to, if it's larger I use the original, if it's smaller I use PTE's conversion. However when using the converter my way which again may not be correct, I've noticed that when I click the set start box, invarably the pointer on the clips timeline jumps away from the start time to anything from a couple of seconds to in the example shown 50%. Because I've done quite a few I am aware of this & drag the start pointer back to the start point on the clip timeline. I suppose I could add numbers to the time boxes, but I like to get on with things & use the method that suits me. I don't know if this helps, hope it does. Finally if your Sony software will produce MP4's I would use that.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-05299300-1350252034_thumb.jp

Hi Rob,

I've confirmed that the video doesn't countdown to "1" with PTE 7.0, however, it works perfectly with PTE 7.5 latest beta.

Bottom line, whatever is causing the issue has apparently been resolved in the next version of PTE. I would suggest downloading the beta and using it to see how it works with your project.

Best regards,

Lin

In the test project I dragged in some stock video. Those videos work fine. I drag in my videos and they have the problem.

I think PictToExe doesn't like the files I'm creating with Sony Vegas. Here is an example file I created that exhibits the problem. Using the converter on this file (default settings - didn't touch anything) creates a converted file that also exhibits the problem.

Any insight into how I can create files that PictToExe likes?