WnSoft Forums

My Berlin Marathon

thedom

vimeothumbnail.jpg

[Click the image to watch the video on Vimeo]

After Paris in April 2012, this is my second marathon. It was the 30th of september.

I went to Berlin with my biggest fan, muy daughter Abigail.

She gave me the courage to beat my best performance and to finish the 42.195km in exactly 3:08'33'' (more than 13' less than my performance for the Paris Marathon).

This video is a mix of videos I found on the internet and photos and videos of my own race.

This is the first time I use videos with PicturesToExe... and I love to work with this media.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom, Boogie, thank you.

Tom, you remember correctly, I feel like the most difficult part is after km 35.

It's like you have run only half of the race. The "real" race starts here.

Most of the withdrawals are after this distance. Or people (try to) finish the race by walking (instead of running).

By the way, do you know if an enveloppe tool for the sound of an inserted video is already planned in a future version of PTE ?

Hi Dom,

The way that is handled is that you first "mute" the video (Properties Tab in O& A - Mute Audio) then insert it (the video) into the Sound Track. If you click on the right side of the "Files of Type" in Project Options - Audio, you will see "Video" as a choice. Navigate to your video and insert it as if it were an audio selection. PTE will seamlessly extract the audio and you can use all the Envelope tools, etc. just as if the audio had been extracted by a 3rd party software. You may fade-in, fade-out, adjust volume, etc.

Works perfectly. Of course you will have to position the audio to correspond to the position of your video clip assuming it's not at the beginning of the slide.

Best regards,

Lin

Tom, Boogie, thank you.

Tom, you remember correctly, I feel like the most difficult part is after km 35.

It's like you have run only half of the race. The "real" race starts here.

Most of the withdrawals are after this distance. Or people (try to) finish the race by walking (instead of running).

By the way, do you know if an enveloppe tool for the sound of an inserted video is already planned in a future version of PTE ?

Hi Lin, thanks. I know about this workaround that works petfectly well. I just want to know if the feature to work DIRECTLY with the audio of the video is planed or not.

But I agree it's absolutely not required, at least not a priority at all :-)

Hi Dom,

I'm not certain whether there is any plans to make changes in future versions. This is how it will be in Version 7.5 because Igor added the "Video" as an option to enter into the audio track. Before, one could change the appearance of only audio files by using the DOS *.* rather than accepting the mp3, etc., defaults and then navigate to the video file to insert, but Igor added the "Video" as an option on the drop-down so I'm pretty certain that at this stage of 7.5 it is hard coded. Maybe there will be changes in 8.0?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin, thanks. I know about this workaround that works petfectly well. I just want to know if the feature to work DIRECTLY with the audio of the video is planed or not.

But I agree it's absolutely not required, at least not a priority at all :-)