WnSoft Forums

New Show on Beechbrook

cagney123

Show is at: http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/ entitled Fall 2012...Mac and PC versions.

It is 16:9 and 1920x1080

My basic camera is Canon 60D. I need that flip screen these days. And I use the 17x35mm zoom...f4. I don't need the faster lens as it is plenty bright in the Southwestern US, plus the f4 is

the least expensive L series lens. I do wish money was no object...but it is to some extent. The length is nearly 9 minutes but it is broken into several sections. It features the New York Mts. in

the Mojave Desert, a bit of Route 66, and Trona Pinnacles. I learned of Trona Pinnacles when I watched a bit of background info on the Star Trek V movie from years ago. It is in the movie.

The weather was nice for a couple days then turned really bad. I have a readme file enclosed with the show with more info.

I hope you enjoy the show...and thanks in advance for giving it a go. The control bar is active so you can do as you please if you like to jump around.

Jeff Lunt

Hi Jeff

Very particular scenery!

You have some superb shots.

Your comments are entertaining and the "animated" photos are very funny... Something I will give a try in my proper sideshows.

In the other end, I find not so lucky your change in image size. It is not an issue to change to wide screen but why then not keep exactly the same format? The change in height is very visible.

An other point: from time to time, the image change do not match the music variations.

In your doc file, you tell us about ATVs track. What is it ?

Thank you very much for sharing

Patrick

Hi Jeff,

I have always enjoyed your shows and this one was exceptional. I felt you captured the beauty of the desert with some unique shots.

So glad to see your "best friend" still with you.

Thank you for sharing.

Colin

Hey Colin...thank you. Yes, Sammy is still hangin in there. When she sees the camping gear come out she lays in front of the gate to the front yard and car so I don't forget her. She is very old now so

it is touch and go sometimes...but this time she really fooled me and kept up real well. She will be 12 this winter and that is very old for a larger dog.

Thanks again for taking time to write.

Hi Jeff

Very particular scenery!

You have some superb shots.

Your comments are entertaining and the "animated" photos are very funny... Something I will give a try in my proper sideshows.

In the other end, I find not so lucky your change in image size. It is not an issue to change to wide screen but why then not keep exactly the same format? The change in height is very visible.

An other point: from time to time, the image change do not match the music variations.

In your doc file, you tell us about ATVs track. What is it ?

Thank you very much for sharing

Patrick

About the tracks...in some areas of the US it is OK to drive wherever you wish. These places are designated so people who wish to travel over the terrain can do so. I wanted to make it clear that I wasn't

just driving wherever I pleased and destroying some perfectly lovely land.

Thanks for commenting on the show. I totally disagree with the size format business. I believe the screen can be used multiple ways and I do so. I know the traditional thought on the matter, but I don't go

to the art museum and expect all pictures to be in Landscape format. I have had this mentioned before, but I just won't comply on that matter.

Music is my profession...but I don't compose music very often. I think I know at what point you are referring to with the transition not matching...but I felt is worked well enough...for my tastes anyway.

I have a question for you....what is a proper slideshow?

Thanks for posting....

Jeff

About the tracks...in some areas of the US it is OK to drive wherever you wish. These places are designated so people who wish to travel over the terrain can do so. I wanted to make it clear that I wasn't

just driving wherever I pleased and destroying some perfectly lovely land.

Thanks for commenting on the show. I totally disagree with the size format business. I believe the screen can be used multiple ways and I do so. I know the traditional thought on the matter, but I don't go

to the art museum and expect all pictures to be in Landscape format. I have had this mentioned before, but I just won't comply on that matter.

Music is my profession...but I don't compose music very often. I think I know at what point you are referring to with the transition not matching...but I felt is worked well enough...for my tastes anyway.

I have a question for you....what is a proper slideshow?

Thanks for posting....

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Translation, whatever the way, is not an easy exercice, especially concerning the nuances of each language.

So, I am not sure how to interprete your message:

If you interpreted my comments as vexatory or peremptory, so be sure it was absolutely not my intention and forget it.

If you interpreted my comments as if I wanted to give you a lesson of good slideshow behaviour, again be sure it was absolutely not my intention and forget it to.

If you reacted in a virile way to my comments ... so why not. I will then just give an answer to your sibylline question "I have a question for you....what is a proper slideshow?"

It is of very very poor interest as my "criterions" are strictly personal and have absolutely no universal meaning. So what would be the interest?

You don't care about image size changes, I do, ... where is the problem?

You don't care about transitions matching music changes, I do, ... where is the problem?

I just gave a personal opinion, that is all and concerning ATV, sorry but in Europe this is far from beeing something as current as in the USA... and what means "A" "T" "V"

Once again, if my comments, hurted you, be sure there is no reason of producing adrenalin. Forget them.... and next time I will just give positive messages with a lot of smilling smileys.

Patrick

I have a question for you....what is a proper slideshow ...

This is a killer phrase. d67's remarks cannot be regarded as unfair. You can include images with different formats, but there are much better solutions than yours. Your way typically is regarded as a technical error. When watching your show I was happy to notice that the transition points were nicely placed with respect to the music (this does not happen very often here), but there are some places where you could make improvements. The question is how perfect do you want to be? Another question: Why do you switch to a dark screen when inserting the texts?

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Patrick,

ATV = All Terrain Vehicle. These are common in the USA and come in a variety of sizes, shapes and configurations. Some are small, four wheel drive two axle vehicles and others are larger and may have three axles. If you do a Google search for ATV you will see many pictures.

Best regards,

Lin

I think you heard a hurt feeling in my text that actually wasn't meant to be. I took no hurt. I explained my feeling on the subject of size and filling the screen. My question of "what is a proper slideshow"

I took from your original text and I wanted to know what this meant...no mean feelings whatsoever. I have read over my text and I think the written word left an open door to applying tone of voice.

Truly I meant no hurt at all. I just wanted to explain my point on the size issue and as for the music...I loved it and you didn't ...so what. Let's leave it at that.

Best regards to you...

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Translation, whatever the way, is not an easy exercice, especially concerning the nuances of each language.

So, I am not sure how to interprete your message:

If you interpreted my comments as vexatory or peremptory, so be sure it was absolutely not my intention and forget it.

If you interpreted my comments as if I wanted to give you a lesson of good slideshow behaviour, again be sure it was absolutely not my intention and forget it to.

If you reacted in a virile way to my comments ... so why not. I will then just give an answer to your sibylline question "I have a question for you....what is a proper slideshow?"

It is of very very poor interest as my "criterions" are strictly personal and have absolutely no universal meaning. So what would be the interest?

You don't care about image size changes, I do, ... where is the problem?

You don't care about transitions matching music changes, I do, ... where is the problem?

I just gave a personal opinion, that is all and concerning ATV, sorry but in Europe this is far from beeing something as current as in the USA... and what means "A" "T" "V"

Once again, if my comments, hurted you, be sure there is no reason of producing adrenalin. Forget them.... and next time I will just give positive messages with a lot of smilling smileys.

Patrick

Hi Jeff

Oh la la!

"Proper slideshow" .... I made a huge mistake!!!

I wanted to say "Own slideshow" and translated the french word "Propre" (own in this case) with "proper" .... completely different!

As you see, a little word but big misunderstanding.

Please Jeff, forget the smileys and the positive comments ... they are now ridiculous!

By the way, thank you Lin: ATV = 4x4 in France. 4x4 (ATV) tracks are uncommon here.

Good night

Patrick

Hey Patrick...comment anytime...and skip the smiles...I don't post to have nothing but positive comments...but I like to defend my views...my wife, who is Danish, said Proper was a common word in Europe and didn't mean what it did in the US. She told me this after I commented to you.

Good night and sleep well.

Jeff Lunt

Hi Jeff,

Another very enjoyable sojourn into the splendor of the southwest. Looks like you and Sammy are still having fun. I just returned from a 2,000 mile trip to Bryce, Monument Valley, Zion and a few other places - hopefully I'll eventually get around to making a show.

Thanks for letting us join you on this journey in photos...

Best regards,

Lin

WOW...now that sounds like a trip....I will be looking forward to your new show. Can't wait.

Jeff Lunt

Hi Jeff,

Another very enjoyable sojourn into the splendor of the southwest. Looks like you and Sammy are still having fun. I just returned from a 2,000 mile trip to Bryce, Monument Valley, Zion and a few other places - hopefully I'll eventually get around to making a show.

Thanks for letting us join you on this journey in photos...

Best regards,

Lin