WnSoft Forums

Web Site With Slide show access

roymac

I would like to thank in particular “Miichel” for inspiring me to get involved with producing slide shows. The shows I have downloaded from his web site have opened my eyes as to what can be achieved. Because of the ease of displaying and downloading from his site it has also inspired me to build a similar site to his, is there any help out there with doing that. I am a photographer with an interest in computing rather than the other way around

With my web question I am interested in having the ability on my site (like“Miichel”) of displaying my slide shows and for others to download them. I find it so dificult to email reasonable size shows to my son in Australia, I see this as the only way over this problem.

Well !

You can use Cottage tu upload your shows, (upload) if you haven't your website.

If you have a website, you can send to Bill the links for download.

But if you want burn your website, you upload your shows into the site and permit the downloading by clicking on the thumbnail.

It's not very difficult. look also at Barry Beckham website...

I hope that help you !

Yahoo has a service -- max file/storage size used to be 30 megs

can't say whether they charge or not -- they were talking about charging - yahoo's site would let you restrict downloads of a personal nature

by putting your shows on the Cottage site, as it stands now anybody can access your shows - - this was evident late December early Jan when the Cottage site was closed down for excessive bandwidth use,

Bill Hines initially set up the Cottage site for the forum members to share their shows -- when his site was closed down he had to change the number of and length of time shows were on his site

ken