WnSoft Forums

New 7.5

Ghulya

Test Pte 7.5

on the timeline, from left three slides in fade. Ok

To right 2 video: first clip is a band musicians play, second video only talking

Now while three slides, of test, go to fade as first video, Ok. The second video go regulary in fade and appear (only talking) but once completed, because it shorter than of first clip (musicians) instead show this will continue it as “freezing” indefinitely and don't appear musicians + music of band.

Da Campos

See attached image

post-11663-0-52023400-1352654195_thumb.j

Da Campos,

Your first video needs to be at least 18.5 seconds long so that it continues playing all the way through the fade into the second video. If it is not long enough, PTE will hold the final frame on the screen until the second video has completed its fade in.

regards,

Peter

Da Campos,

Your first video needs to be at least 18.5 seconds long so that it continues playing all the way through the fade into the second video. If it is not long enough, PTE will hold the final frame on the screen until the second video has completed its fade in.

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter,

but I did not know I need of 18.5 (not documented anywhere as far as I know) seconds, de facto, remains that abnormal work to make slides show, in practice, these don't need + “other 18.5 seconds” to go well.

In conclusion the videos don't make same “procedure” as slides.

Da Campos

P.S.

Where is found user “manual” of PTE 7.5?

P.S.S.

I will test other video by long/short time and refer in detail, as always

Guest Yachtsman1

Da Campos,

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

IMO this statement gives an incorrect impression to Campos, especially with the language problems. "First Video needs to be 18.5 seconds" may be so in his example but in fact I have used video clips of 10 seconds or under without the final frame freezing, you just need to play around with the blue flags in the timeline to get a seamless transition, my recent post describing my technique using video in PTE explains it & BB's recent Video Teach in says the same thing. Screen shot shows a section of the timeline from one of my IOW exes. slides 14 & 15 are video clips.

Regards Eric

yachtsman1

post-5560-0-73087900-1352721414_thumb.jp

Hi Peter

IMO this statement gives an incorrect impression to Campos, especially with the language problems. "First Video needs to be 18.5 seconds" may be so in his example but in fact I have used video clips of 10 seconds or under without the final frame freezing, you just need to play around with the blue flags in the timeline to get a seamless transition, my recent post describing my technique using video in PTE explains it & BB's recent Video Teach in says the same thing. Screen shot shows a section of the timeline from one of my IOW exes. slides 14 & 15 are video clips.

Regards Eric

yachtsman1

Excuse me, but your captured screen is previous Pte 7.0, vice versa I speak, and show with attached file a problem in new 7.5

Da Campos

Guest Yachtsman1

Excuse me, but your captured screen is previous Pte 7.0, vice versa I speak, and show with attached file a problem in new 7.5

Da Campos

I am just illustrating that you can use a video clip less than 18.5 seconds. I don't use 7.5 yet.

Yachtsman1.

IMO this statement gives an incorrect impression to Campos, especially with the language problems. "First Video needs to be 18.5 seconds" may be so in his example but in fact I have used video clips of 10 seconds or under without the final frame freezing

I was replying to the specifics of his example screenshot and keeping my reply simple in recognition of the possible language barrier problem. His screenshot shows a first video that runs for between 18 and 19 seconds from its beginning to the end of the next transition. I estimated that 18.5 seconds would be required to ensure that the video was still playing at the end of the second transition. If I was building that sequence, I would have trimmed the first video to 20 seconds to give me some flexibility to adjust the second transition length without needing to re-trim.

Peter

Or you could use "Keep Full Slide Transition" and Automate the whole Process???

Whether you use "Keep Full Screen Duration" or not, if you do not have enough video duration to fill the slide's duration, you'll get a "freeze frame" until the next slide has completed its transition.

Or am I wrong on that point?

Peter

Thanks again Peter

Test

Windows Seven Professional

8 GB Ram

Nvidia GeForge GT 650 M 2 GB V. 4.8.750

Pte full v. 7.5

Video: 1 MJPEG 640 x 480 182 MB time 3'.36”

Video: 2 MJEPG 640 x 480 20.3 MB time 24”"

In timeline start to zero 1 video. At 0.20” in fade in 2 Video, go. Crossfade, and appear 2 video. But at 24” last end frame it continue......continue at infinity...

Da Campos

P.S.

If instead of the second video is a slide, the same thing: a carnage

Whether you use "Keep Full Screen Duration" or not, if you do not have enough video duration to fill the slide's duration, you'll get a "freeze frame" until the next slide has completed its transition.

Or am I wrong on that point?

Peter

In KFSD, if you introduce a video into the Slide List by dragging from the File List, then the slide duration (including incoming and outgoing transitions) equals the Video Duration.

Automatic!

The video begins at the beginning of the incoming transition and ends at the end of the outgoing transition - no frozen frames.

DG

In KFSD, if you introduce a video into the Slide List by dragging from the File List, then the slide duration (including incoming and outgoing transitions) equals the Video Duration.

Automatic!

The video begins at the beginning of the incoming transition and ends at the end of the outgoing transition - no frozen frames.

DG

Thanks DG

exactly if video is between 2 slides (drag'&drop option) go Ok. But 2 video, as I wrote, no because is literally, again, a carnage. Last frame appear "freeze" for eternity "Keep duration" or not as Peter reply

Da Campos

P.S. Please see previous Post scriptum, and do not forget, thanks

For all, test in Pte only 7.5 version

Slide + Video + Slide = Ok transition etc.

Video + Video = No because last frame of 2 Video "freeze" to infinity

Video + Slides = None etc. run for eternity as Video&Video

Da Campos

Da Campos,

What do you have after the second video clip? Another slide perhaps? Does that slide not appear? What happens if you add a blank slide after the second video clip? Does that Blank Slide appear at the end of the second video? What option do you have set in Project Options > Main - Close show..., Repeat show... or Keep last slide on screen?

Peter

Da Campos,

You are RIGHT!!

When a Video is dragged into the Slide List in Version 7.5 its time is being wrongly interpreted.

In my case I dragged a 1m 10s video into the time line and it became 1m 20s. The problem exists in both KFSD and non KFSD Modes.

The problem is repeatable.

I will try a few more different videos.

DG

Da Campos,

You are RIGHT!!

When a Video is dragged into the Slide List in Version 7.5 its time is being wrongly interpreted.

In my case I dragged a 1m 10s video into the time line and it became 1m 20s. The problem exists in both KFSD and non KFSD Modes.

The problem is repeatable.

I will try a few more different videos.

DG

Deo gratia same problem, thanks for reply

:rolleyes:

Da Campos

Further info:

The video does not seem to be the root cause of the problem.

Dragging the video in first produces the expected result. A 20s Clip is properly inserted as 20s.

If a still image is added first it also is correctly timed - adding a video sends things into confusion. The original still image (7s) becomes20s. The added video is correctly timed until a still image is added after the video. The video then takes on an extra 10s.

This is different behaviour to V707. I believe we have a BUG Houston?

I wonder if it is related (in any way) to the other bug where starting a preview from current slide goes back too far?

DG

Da Campos,

What do you have after the second video clip? Another slide perhaps? Does that slide not appear? What happens if you add a blank slide after the second video clip? Does that Blank Slide appear at the end of the second video? What option do you have set in Project Options > Main - Close show..., Repeat show... or Keep last slide on screen?

Peter

Peter, excuse me

all procedure are wrong because I tested, step by step. Literaly. No is not the "way". Dark frame? Sure I tested, without fade, and yes second video go. But this is a poor expedient.

Da Campos

Further info:

The video does not seem to be the root cause of the problem.

Dragging the video in first produces the expected result. A 20s Clip is properly inserted as 20s.

If a still image is added first it also is correctly timed - adding a video sends things into confusion. The original still image (7s) becomes20s. The added video is correctly timed until a still image is added after the video. The video then takes on an extra 10s.

This is different behaviour to V707. I believe we have a BUG Houston?

I wonder if it is related (in any way) to the other bug where starting a preview from current slide goes back too far?

DG

To bug or not to bug...version 7.0.7 (same name of Boeing airplane?) was, de facto, a milestone, literaly

Da Campos

Da Campos,

Can you TRY a different TRANSLATOR - the one you are using is NOT working?

DG

Thanks for reply

After a day of work!??? With Pte 7.5??????

English Chinese Spanish Hungarian Turkmen Martian Venusian...?????

Solve or not solve problem, this is BIG question!

:angry:

Da Campos

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks for reply

After a day of work!??? With Pte 7.5??????

English Chinese Spanish Hungarian Turkmen Martian Venusian...?????

Solve or not solve problem, this is BIG question!

:angry:/>/>/>

Da Campos

I think he means Google or Babelfish etc.

Yachtsman1.

mantenere la calma e andare avanti.

Dave,

I cannot reproduce this problem!

I start a new project which will, of course, use my default template (I mention this fact because it has been relevant to other "bug" reports during the beta programme). I drag slide1 into the Slide List. It shows correctly at 4.0s duration and 1.5 seconds transition. I drag video1 into the Slide List to run after Slide1. It shows its correct duration and a default 1.5s transition. I drag video2 into the Slide List. It also shows its correct duration and a 1.5s transition.

I "Preview" the sequence. It plays correctly. Video1 "freezes" on its final frame during the transition to video2 because I do not use "Keep Full Slide Duration" and have not adjusted the slide duration to compensate for that. At the end of video2, control is returned to the main PTE window. All as expected!

Video1 is an AVI file straight out of the Nikon D300s. Video2 is an AVI file from the D300s that has been trimmed using PTE's "Convert video clip" feature.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Interesting! I cannot test until later on this afternoon but last night I was getting the same as Da Campos. the video I was using was a MOV out of camera. I can try again. I have also noted that PTE seems to no longer offer conversion automatically? Later?

DgFrom BB